Rajkhowa`s bail plea hearing deferred to Dec 30
Guwahati: The hearing of ULFA `chairman` Arabinda Rajkhowa`s bail plea was on Monday deferred till Thursday following submission of an affidavit in the TADA court on the rebel leader`s latest status.
On December 24, the court had asked the home and political department to submit an affidavit regarding the latest status on him.
Rajkhowa`s release was imminent with the state government deciding not to oppose his bail application as a part of the its policy to take the peace process forward.
The court further fixed the date for verdict on the bail application for Thursday.
Bail application on behalf of ULFA `finance secretary` Chitrabon Hazarika and `foreign secretary` Sasha Choudhury was also filed in the TADA court.
There are three cases pending against Hazarika and four against Choudhury in the TADA court.
The Gauhati High Court had granted Rajkhowa and Hazarika bail on December 23 in connection with a case against sureties of Rs 50,000 each.
Most top ULFA leaders including ULFA ideologue Bhimakanta Buragohain, `vice chairman` Pradip Gogoi, `publicity secretary` Mithinga Daimary, `cultural secretary` Pranati Deka and `deputy commander-in-chief` Raju Barua have been already released on bail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash