Ramachandran is Meghalaya police chief
Shillong: The Meghalaya government has named N Ramachandran the new director general of police and Prem Singh as director general of civil defence and home guards.
The official notification came late Monday night.
Ramachandran, who had earlier served as the Chairman of Cochin Port Trust and Superintendent of the elite Special Protection Force, has never served in the state.
Home Minister HDR Lyngdoh said Ramachandran was selected by the State Security Commission on the basis of the empanelment.
"The commission selected him as he was found to be the fittest man for the pivotal post," Lyngdoh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16