Ramachandran is Meghalaya police chief
Shillong: The Meghalaya government has named N Ramachandran the new director general of police and Prem Singh as director general of civil defence and home guards.
The official notification came late Monday night.
Ramachandran, who had earlier served as the Chairman of Cochin Port Trust and Superintendent of the elite Special Protection Force, has never served in the state.
Home Minister HDR Lyngdoh said Ramachandran was selected by the State Security Commission on the basis of the empanelment.
"The commission selected him as he was found to be the fittest man for the pivotal post," Lyngdoh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Italy earthquake kills 159 as rescuers race to find survivors
- Awwdorable: Vivek Dahiya singing 'Lag Ja Gale' to Divyanka Tripathi will melt your heart – Watch
- Here's PV Sindhu's REPLY to Telangana deputy CM who offered her a 'better coach' than Pullela Gopichand
- When Smriti Irani was denied cabin crew job for 'lack of good personality' - Know Details
- Health Ministry to start awareness campaign on dengue, chikungunya