Ramachandran is Meghalaya police chief
Shillong: The Meghalaya government has named N Ramachandran the new director general of police and Prem Singh as director general of civil defence and home guards.
The official notification came late Monday night.
Ramachandran, who had earlier served as the Chairman of Cochin Port Trust and Superintendent of the elite Special Protection Force, has never served in the state.
Home Minister HDR Lyngdoh said Ramachandran was selected by the State Security Commission on the basis of the empanelment.
"The commission selected him as he was found to be the fittest man for the pivotal post," Lyngdoh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh