Ramachandran is Meghalaya police chief
Shillong: The Meghalaya government has named N Ramachandran the new director general of police and Prem Singh as director general of civil defence and home guards.
The official notification came late Monday night.
Ramachandran, who had earlier served as the Chairman of Cochin Port Trust and Superintendent of the elite Special Protection Force, has never served in the state.
Home Minister HDR Lyngdoh said Ramachandran was selected by the State Security Commission on the basis of the empanelment.
"The commission selected him as he was found to be the fittest man for the pivotal post," Lyngdoh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- EPFO likely to raise equity investment to 10%
- West Indies vs India: Statistical highlights — Records for Saha, pace pair Shami and Yadav
- West Indies vs India, 1st Test: 5-star Ashwin dominates hosts on Day 4
- Televangelist Zakir Naik's aides make startling revelations, it will shock you -- Read
- Govt begins search for Bankruptcy Board chief