Ramachandran the new Meghalaya DGP
Shillong: N Ramachandran, a 1978 batch
IPS officer of Assam-Meghalaya cadre, has been appointed as
the new Director General of Police of Meghalaya, official
sources said on Tuesday.
Ramachandran, who was the DGP Home Guards in Assam
prior to his appointment, is expected to tomorrow, the sources
Ramachandran has a wide range of experience serving in
various posts, including IGP in Assam?s Special Branch and the
He had also received a number of medals, including the
President?s Police Medal for distinguished service.
The Meghalaya Security Commission headed by Chief
Minister Mukul Sangma had empanelled five senior IPS officers
for appointment of a regular state Director General of Police
Prem Singh has been acting DGP in the state after the
retirement of SB Kakati in December last year.
Some organizations had petitioned the Chief Minister
asking him not to appoint Ramachandran as he had never served
in the state during his service period so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?