Ramachandran the new Meghalaya DGP
Shillong: N Ramachandran, a 1978 batch
IPS officer of Assam-Meghalaya cadre, has been appointed as
the new Director General of Police of Meghalaya, official
sources said on Tuesday.
Ramachandran, who was the DGP Home Guards in Assam
prior to his appointment, is expected to tomorrow, the sources
Ramachandran has a wide range of experience serving in
various posts, including IGP in Assam?s Special Branch and the
He had also received a number of medals, including the
President?s Police Medal for distinguished service.
The Meghalaya Security Commission headed by Chief
Minister Mukul Sangma had empanelled five senior IPS officers
for appointment of a regular state Director General of Police
Prem Singh has been acting DGP in the state after the
retirement of SB Kakati in December last year.
Some organizations had petitioned the Chief Minister
asking him not to appoint Ramachandran as he had never served
in the state during his service period so far.
- Google Chrome overtakes Internet Explorer to be crowned top web browser
- Delhi petrol pump staff allegedly dupe a guy and then say - "Our boss knows Kejriwal personally"
- This Carat keeps your phone battery healthy!
- Growth falls to 15-year low in Sub-Saharan Africa: IMF
- Four people dead, 2 wounded at an explosion in Tamil Nadu