Ramesh announces package for Sulung community
Itanagar: The Sulung (Puroik) community residing in East Kameng district of Arunachal Pradesh got a reason to smile today with Union Rural Development Minister Jairam Ramesh providing them with roofs and hearths for their survival.
"The 400-odd Sulung families which earlier worked as bonded labourers for the Nyishis of the district and other areas, will be provided houses under Indira Awas Yojana (IAY)," the minister said.
Ramesh, who visited Bameng area of the district to lay the foundation stone of 55 km Bameng-Lada road, announced to provide an amount of eight crore from his ministry to the state government for construction of the houses.
"My government will also provide financial assistance to the state government for purchase of land if required for construction of the houses," the minister added.
Ramesh also announced a 22-crore package under Watershed Development Project for Bameng area to enable the farmers to enhance crop production.
"We will soon prepare a blueprint for execution of Watershed Development Project in the entire state," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing