Ramesh announces package for Sulung community
Itanagar: The Sulung (Puroik) community residing in East Kameng district of Arunachal Pradesh got a reason to smile today with Union Rural Development Minister Jairam Ramesh providing them with roofs and hearths for their survival.
"The 400-odd Sulung families which earlier worked as bonded labourers for the Nyishis of the district and other areas, will be provided houses under Indira Awas Yojana (IAY)," the minister said.
Ramesh, who visited Bameng area of the district to lay the foundation stone of 55 km Bameng-Lada road, announced to provide an amount of eight crore from his ministry to the state government for construction of the houses.
"My government will also provide financial assistance to the state government for purchase of land if required for construction of the houses," the minister added.
Ramesh also announced a 22-crore package under Watershed Development Project for Bameng area to enable the farmers to enhance crop production.
"We will soon prepare a blueprint for execution of Watershed Development Project in the entire state," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- Valentine week: Celebrate 'Kiss Day' with these unique kisses!
- 4th ODI: South Africa vs England - Hosts win game by solitary wicket to level series
- JNUSU prez Kanhaiya Kumar sent to 3-day police custody over Afzal Guru row, says being targeted for defeating ABVP in polls