Ramesh announces package for Sulung community
Itanagar: The Sulung (Puroik) community residing in East Kameng district of Arunachal Pradesh got a reason to smile today with Union Rural Development Minister Jairam Ramesh providing them with roofs and hearths for their survival.
"The 400-odd Sulung families which earlier worked as bonded labourers for the Nyishis of the district and other areas, will be provided houses under Indira Awas Yojana (IAY)," the minister said.
Ramesh, who visited Bameng area of the district to lay the foundation stone of 55 km Bameng-Lada road, announced to provide an amount of eight crore from his ministry to the state government for construction of the houses.
"My government will also provide financial assistance to the state government for purchase of land if required for construction of the houses," the minister added.
Ramesh also announced a 22-crore package under Watershed Development Project for Bameng area to enable the farmers to enhance crop production.
"We will soon prepare a blueprint for execution of Watershed Development Project in the entire state," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users