Ramesh announces package for Sulung community
Itanagar: The Sulung (Puroik) community residing in East Kameng district of Arunachal Pradesh got a reason to smile today with Union Rural Development Minister Jairam Ramesh providing them with roofs and hearths for their survival.
"The 400-odd Sulung families which earlier worked as bonded labourers for the Nyishis of the district and other areas, will be provided houses under Indira Awas Yojana (IAY)," the minister said.
Ramesh, who visited Bameng area of the district to lay the foundation stone of 55 km Bameng-Lada road, announced to provide an amount of eight crore from his ministry to the state government for construction of the houses.
"My government will also provide financial assistance to the state government for purchase of land if required for construction of the houses," the minister added.
Ramesh also announced a 22-crore package under Watershed Development Project for Bameng area to enable the farmers to enhance crop production.
"We will soon prepare a blueprint for execution of Watershed Development Project in the entire state," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city