Ramesh announces package for Sulung community
Itanagar: The Sulung (Puroik) community residing in East Kameng district of Arunachal Pradesh got a reason to smile today with Union Rural Development Minister Jairam Ramesh providing them with roofs and hearths for their survival.
"The 400-odd Sulung families which earlier worked as bonded labourers for the Nyishis of the district and other areas, will be provided houses under Indira Awas Yojana (IAY)," the minister said.
Ramesh, who visited Bameng area of the district to lay the foundation stone of 55 km Bameng-Lada road, announced to provide an amount of eight crore from his ministry to the state government for construction of the houses.
"My government will also provide financial assistance to the state government for purchase of land if required for construction of the houses," the minister added.
Ramesh also announced a 22-crore package under Watershed Development Project for Bameng area to enable the farmers to enhance crop production.
"We will soon prepare a blueprint for execution of Watershed Development Project in the entire state," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake hits India-Bangladesh border region
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic
- British EU vote unnerves world leaders and markets
- Copa America final: Chile beat Argentina 4-2 to win title after Lionel Messi misses penalty kick