Ramesh to grace Arunachal Pradesh Statehood Day ce
Itanagar: Union Rural Development Minister Jairam Ramesh would grace the Statehood Day celebration at Indira Gandhi Park here on February 20 next.
The state government has geared up to celebrate the Day with the theme `Celebrating Oneness`. Participants from all districts of the state are expected to take part in various cultural and sports events during the two-day extravaganza, official sources informed here today.
Events like flower show, exhibition stalls, trade fair and food village would be the major attraction of the three-day celebration.
As a part of the celebration, the third state level inter district rural sports meet under Panchayat Yuva Krida Aur Khel Abhiyan (PYKKA) began at Sangey Lhaden Sports Academy (SLSA) playground, Chimpu, near here yesterday.
Over 1100 boys and girls (U-16 years), including officials from 12 districts, namely Dibang Valley, Lower Dibang Valley, East Kameng, West Kameng, East Siang, West Siang, Upper Siang, Lohit, Upper Subansiri, Kurung Kumey, Tirap and home district Papum Pare, are participating in the sports meet.
Inaugurating the sports meet, MLA and Sports Authority of Arunachal (SAA) chairman, Tapuk Taku advised the participating young boys and girls to take up sports seriously and try to excel in their chosen sports discipline. He advised them to practice their chosen sports regularly and have proper diet to become a good sportsperson. He asked them to abstain from taking drugs and alcohol, which may ruin their career.
Informing about the state government?s pragmatic sports policy, Taku said that the state government led by chief minister Nabam Tuki has guaranteed job security to all outstanding sportspersons besides other facilities. He encouraged them to grab the opportunity by excelling in their chosen sports.
- Is Bhagat Singh a revolutionary terrorist? : Taal Thok Ke Extra Strong - Part 1
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part II
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part III
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part IV
- Bharti Airtel Q4 net up 2.8% to Rs 1,290 crore; revenue up 8.4% to Rs 24,960 crore
- Trupti Desai writes letter to Mohan Bhagwat, demands equal representation of women in RSS
- Panama Papers' database to go public on May 9
- Buddhadeb, Rahul share stage, call for saving West Bengal from TMC
- Must Read! Narayana Murthy's heartfelt letter to his daughter will make you miss your dad