Ramesh to grace Arunachal Pradesh Statehood Day ce
Itanagar: Union Rural Development Minister Jairam Ramesh would grace the Statehood Day celebration at Indira Gandhi Park here on February 20 next.
The state government has geared up to celebrate the Day with the theme `Celebrating Oneness`. Participants from all districts of the state are expected to take part in various cultural and sports events during the two-day extravaganza, official sources informed here today.
Events like flower show, exhibition stalls, trade fair and food village would be the major attraction of the three-day celebration.
As a part of the celebration, the third state level inter district rural sports meet under Panchayat Yuva Krida Aur Khel Abhiyan (PYKKA) began at Sangey Lhaden Sports Academy (SLSA) playground, Chimpu, near here yesterday.
Over 1100 boys and girls (U-16 years), including officials from 12 districts, namely Dibang Valley, Lower Dibang Valley, East Kameng, West Kameng, East Siang, West Siang, Upper Siang, Lohit, Upper Subansiri, Kurung Kumey, Tirap and home district Papum Pare, are participating in the sports meet.
Inaugurating the sports meet, MLA and Sports Authority of Arunachal (SAA) chairman, Tapuk Taku advised the participating young boys and girls to take up sports seriously and try to excel in their chosen sports discipline. He advised them to practice their chosen sports regularly and have proper diet to become a good sportsperson. He asked them to abstain from taking drugs and alcohol, which may ruin their career.
Informing about the state government?s pragmatic sports policy, Taku said that the state government led by chief minister Nabam Tuki has guaranteed job security to all outstanding sportspersons besides other facilities. He encouraged them to grab the opportunity by excelling in their chosen sports.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000