Ramesh to grace Arunachal Pradesh Statehood Day ce
Itanagar: Union Rural Development Minister Jairam Ramesh would grace the Statehood Day celebration at Indira Gandhi Park here on February 20 next.
The state government has geared up to celebrate the Day with the theme `Celebrating Oneness`. Participants from all districts of the state are expected to take part in various cultural and sports events during the two-day extravaganza, official sources informed here today.
Events like flower show, exhibition stalls, trade fair and food village would be the major attraction of the three-day celebration.
As a part of the celebration, the third state level inter district rural sports meet under Panchayat Yuva Krida Aur Khel Abhiyan (PYKKA) began at Sangey Lhaden Sports Academy (SLSA) playground, Chimpu, near here yesterday.
Over 1100 boys and girls (U-16 years), including officials from 12 districts, namely Dibang Valley, Lower Dibang Valley, East Kameng, West Kameng, East Siang, West Siang, Upper Siang, Lohit, Upper Subansiri, Kurung Kumey, Tirap and home district Papum Pare, are participating in the sports meet.
Inaugurating the sports meet, MLA and Sports Authority of Arunachal (SAA) chairman, Tapuk Taku advised the participating young boys and girls to take up sports seriously and try to excel in their chosen sports discipline. He advised them to practice their chosen sports regularly and have proper diet to become a good sportsperson. He asked them to abstain from taking drugs and alcohol, which may ruin their career.
Informing about the state government?s pragmatic sports policy, Taku said that the state government led by chief minister Nabam Tuki has guaranteed job security to all outstanding sportspersons besides other facilities. He encouraged them to grab the opportunity by excelling in their chosen sports.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says