Re-poll underway in one Mizoram polling station
Aizawl: Polling is underway at Tialdawngilung polling station in Lawngtlai West constituency of Mizoram, where re-poll had been ordered by the Election Commission.
Re-poll was ordered due to a defective electronic voting machine (EVM) that was used in the election to the 40-member Mizoram Assembly held on November 25 last.
State Joint Chief Electoral Officer H Lalengmawia said that all the polling officials have reached the polling station to conduct the re-poll.
There were 257 voters listed under the polling station of whom 210 voters had exercised their franchise on November 25.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi