Re-poll underway in one Mizoram polling station
Aizawl: Polling is underway at Tialdawngilung polling station in Lawngtlai West constituency of Mizoram, where re-poll had been ordered by the Election Commission.
Re-poll was ordered due to a defective electronic voting machine (EVM) that was used in the election to the 40-member Mizoram Assembly held on November 25 last.
State Joint Chief Electoral Officer H Lalengmawia said that all the polling officials have reached the polling station to conduct the re-poll.
There were 257 voters listed under the polling station of whom 210 voters had exercised their franchise on November 25.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog