Re-polling for Nagaland Pradesh Congress chief
Kohima: Re-polling for election to Nagaland Pradesh Congress chief would be held on Monday since on Friday`s poll process at Congress Bhavan here was marred by disturbances, party sources said.
Following disturbances during conduct of polling by the party workers, presiding officer from AICC H K Patil and poll observers declared re-polling on Monday.
Incumbent NPCC chief I Imkong is pitted against senior Congress leader Imtisungit Jamir for the post of Pradesh Congress president. As per AICC guideline the election should be completed by on Friday.
Altogether 81 members of NPCC are entitled to cast their votes in the party election.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH