Re-polling for Nagaland Pradesh Congress chief
Kohima: Re-polling for election to Nagaland Pradesh Congress chief would be held on Monday since on Friday`s poll process at Congress Bhavan here was marred by disturbances, party sources said.
Following disturbances during conduct of polling by the party workers, presiding officer from AICC H K Patil and poll observers declared re-polling on Monday.
Incumbent NPCC chief I Imkong is pitted against senior Congress leader Imtisungit Jamir for the post of Pradesh Congress president. As per AICC guideline the election should be completed by on Friday.
Altogether 81 members of NPCC are entitled to cast their votes in the party election.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town