Ready for talks if sovereignty of Assam discussed: ULFA
Guwahati: ULFA `commander-in-chief` Paresh Baruah on Wednesday said the outfit is ready for a dialogue only if the sovereignty issue was discussed.
"I will support talks if sovereignty of Assam is discussed," Baruah told a local TV channel.
Baruah had earlier hailed ULFA chairman Arabinda Rajkhowa`s statement that he would not hold talks with the government in handcuffs.
In e-mails to media houses following Rajkhowa`s arrest last week, Baruah had on Sunday termed the outfit chairman`s assertion as a "moral victory".
Yesterday Baruah had said that there was no split in the outfit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy