`Rebel outfits in NE preparing child soldiers for war`
Zee Media Bureau
Imphal: While the government is trying to end insurgency in the northeastern states and restore peace it has come to light that some banned rebel outfits are abducting teenagers in Manipur and training them for war.
Reports, Thursday, said that Manipur`s banned rebel outfit Revolutionary People`s Front is using all means to allure teenagers to join the outfit and prepare them for war.
This comes three months after two teenaged girls, who went missing in Manipur, were later spotted at a training camp in Myanmar being run by Revolutionary People`s Front.
A verified video of a Revolutionary People`s Front also showed child soldiers from North-East being training at a rebel camp in Myanmar.
In March 2013, a 15 year-old child Sanahanbi also went missing leaving her family in grief. Few Weeks later, the banned militant outfit Revolutionary People`s Front informed her family that Sanahanbi has joined them voluntarily. The same day 14 year-old-girl Alice Kamei also went missing.
The banned outfit has also admitted to recruiting young cadres.
Alice and Shahanabi’s kidnapping has triggered tension I the area. As per reports, there are at least 50 militant outfits in Manipur and this is not the first time teenaged kids have been abducted by armed groups.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Is it Hardik Patel in this viral MMS Sex Video?