Reddy for bringing all left parties together to fight UPA, NDA
Agartala: CPI General Secretary Sudhakar Reddy on Tuesday said that bringing all left parties under one platform would help formation of the third alternative against UPA and NDA.
We want to form an alternative to the UPA and NDA which would be easier if we could unite all left forces first and bring them under one platform, Reddy told a news conference here.
Reddy also demanded inquiry into the property of Robert Bhadra, husband of Priyanka Gandhi.
He charged the UPA government was serving the interest of the corporate and foreign capitalists at the cost of common people`s interest.
When the issue of allowing FDI was discussed in parliament almost all the parties had opposed it. When the Trinamool Congress withdrew their support and peoples largescale participation in the Bharat bandh of September 20 against the FDI in multi-brand retail proved that people did not want it, the UPA still went ahead and introduced it against peoples desire, he added.
He said, his party still appealed to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Finance Minister P Chidambaram to reconsider the opinion of the political parties and revoke it.
Reddy said, the Left Front Government in Tripura would be reinstalled with massive mandate of people after the assembly elections due in February and the result of Left Front in Tripura would give a new orientation of left movement in the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video