Regular monitoring recommended for Midday Meal scheme in AP
Itanagar: Regular monitoring and clean kitchens were among the recommendations given to the Arunachal Pradesh government by a Central team for carrying out the Midday Meal Scheme in schools in the state.
The recommendations were made by a team comprising members of the Union Human Resource Development ministry (MHRD) and the Hyderabad-based National Institute of Nutrition (NIN), officials said today.
Among other recommendations were improving nutritional value of the meals served, improving sanitation in school kitchens and motivating school authorities to use double fortified salt.
Construction of new toilets and repairing old ones and providing emergency medical kits in schools were also recommended.
The team reviewed the Midday Meal Scheme in 42 schools in Lower Subansiri and East Siang districts.
The team, led by NIN assistant director Hari Kumar submitted a report of its findings to the state government during a meeting with education commissioner K R Meena and officers of the secondary and elementary education directorates here last Thursday, the sources said.
The education commissioner said action will be taken based on the findings and hoped that visible changes would be made within the next few months, they said.
Elementary Education Director Bodong Yirang, who supervised the team`s tour, said steps based on the recommendations would be taken.
Deputy Director of School Education Monya Nyori had represented the state as a member of the team.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- VIDEO: When helicopter shot came to haunt Team India and skipper MS Dhoni himself