Regular monitoring recommended for Midday Meal scheme in AP
Itanagar: Regular monitoring and clean kitchens were among the recommendations given to the Arunachal Pradesh government by a Central team for carrying out the Midday Meal Scheme in schools in the state.
The recommendations were made by a team comprising members of the Union Human Resource Development ministry (MHRD) and the Hyderabad-based National Institute of Nutrition (NIN), officials said today.
Among other recommendations were improving nutritional value of the meals served, improving sanitation in school kitchens and motivating school authorities to use double fortified salt.
Construction of new toilets and repairing old ones and providing emergency medical kits in schools were also recommended.
The team reviewed the Midday Meal Scheme in 42 schools in Lower Subansiri and East Siang districts.
The team, led by NIN assistant director Hari Kumar submitted a report of its findings to the state government during a meeting with education commissioner K R Meena and officers of the secondary and elementary education directorates here last Thursday, the sources said.
The education commissioner said action will be taken based on the findings and hoped that visible changes would be made within the next few months, they said.
Elementary Education Director Bodong Yirang, who supervised the team`s tour, said steps based on the recommendations would be taken.
Deputy Director of School Education Monya Nyori had represented the state as a member of the team.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- Rajasthan Board RBSE 12th Inter Results 2015: BSER Ajmer (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in) Senior Secondary Class 12th Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today at 2 PM
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- SC asks Haryana Police to quickly finish AIPMT paper leak probe