Residence of Cong candidate in Arunachal Assembly polls gutted
Itanagar: The residence of Congress candidate from Dumporijo Assembly constituency in Upper Subansiri district of Arunachal Pradesh was gutted in a fire, while his son sustained grievous burn injuries.
Kardu Marde, son of the candidate Takar Marde, who sustained burn injuries in the fire on Tuesday night was immediately admitted to the district hospital at Daporijo, an official report said here today.
The family members of Marde were sleeping in the house when the fire broke out, the report said.
Though the cause of fire was yet to be ascertained, a complaint against an alleged suspect has been lodged with Dumporijo Police station by the victims, it said.
The Police, after registering a case, have launched an investigation to ascertain whether it was a handiwork of miscreants, officer in-charge Rajen Yekar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- SHOCKING! Islamic State-linked Saudi twin brothers attack own family, stab mother
- Sri Lanka's parliament votes in favour of right to information bill
- WATCH: What a dance! Sizzling performance by IIT-Delhi girls on Sunny Leone's Baby Doll - You'll go mad!
- SHAME! Labourer demands wages; employer beats him to death
- Non-BJP parties plan to boycott PM Narendra Modi's 'Smart Cities Mission' event - Know the reason