Itanagar: The residence of Congress candidate from Dumporijo Assembly constituency in Upper Subansiri district of Arunachal Pradesh was gutted in a fire, while his son sustained grievous burn injuries.
Kardu Marde, son of the candidate Takar Marde, who sustained burn injuries in the fire on Tuesday night was immediately admitted to the district hospital at Daporijo, an official report said here today.
The family members of Marde were sleeping in the house when the fire broke out, the report said.
Though the cause of fire was yet to be ascertained, a complaint against an alleged suspect has been lodged with Dumporijo Police station by the victims, it said.
The Police, after registering a case, have launched an investigation to ascertain whether it was a handiwork of miscreants, officer in-charge Rajen Yekar said.