Residence of Cong candidate in Arunachal Assembly polls gutted
Itanagar: The residence of Congress candidate from Dumporijo Assembly constituency in Upper Subansiri district of Arunachal Pradesh was gutted in a fire, while his son sustained grievous burn injuries.
Kardu Marde, son of the candidate Takar Marde, who sustained burn injuries in the fire on Tuesday night was immediately admitted to the district hospital at Daporijo, an official report said here today.
The family members of Marde were sleeping in the house when the fire broke out, the report said.
Though the cause of fire was yet to be ascertained, a complaint against an alleged suspect has been lodged with Dumporijo Police station by the victims, it said.
The Police, after registering a case, have launched an investigation to ascertain whether it was a handiwork of miscreants, officer in-charge Rajen Yekar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Net Neutrality: Facebook board member's offensive tweet on 'colonialism' leaves Indians fuming
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- 'Heartbroken' Virat Kohli deletes, then re-posts his sad pic