Residence of Cong candidate in Arunachal Assembly polls gutted
Itanagar: The residence of Congress candidate from Dumporijo Assembly constituency in Upper Subansiri district of Arunachal Pradesh was gutted in a fire, while his son sustained grievous burn injuries.
Kardu Marde, son of the candidate Takar Marde, who sustained burn injuries in the fire on Tuesday night was immediately admitted to the district hospital at Daporijo, an official report said here today.
The family members of Marde were sleeping in the house when the fire broke out, the report said.
Though the cause of fire was yet to be ascertained, a complaint against an alleged suspect has been lodged with Dumporijo Police station by the victims, it said.
The Police, after registering a case, have launched an investigation to ascertain whether it was a handiwork of miscreants, officer in-charge Rajen Yekar said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference