Residence of Cong candidate in Arunachal Assembly polls gutted
Itanagar: The residence of Congress candidate from Dumporijo Assembly constituency in Upper Subansiri district of Arunachal Pradesh was gutted in a fire, while his son sustained grievous burn injuries.
Kardu Marde, son of the candidate Takar Marde, who sustained burn injuries in the fire on Tuesday night was immediately admitted to the district hospital at Daporijo, an official report said here today.
The family members of Marde were sleeping in the house when the fire broke out, the report said.
Though the cause of fire was yet to be ascertained, a complaint against an alleged suspect has been lodged with Dumporijo Police station by the victims, it said.
The Police, after registering a case, have launched an investigation to ascertain whether it was a handiwork of miscreants, officer in-charge Rajen Yekar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday