Resume peace talks with KNO: Mizoram CM to Rajnath Singh
Aizawl: Mizoram Chief Minister Lal Thanhawla has appealed to Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh to resume peace talks with Manipur`s Kuki National Organisation (KNO) leadership soon, an official statement today said.
The statement said Lal Thanhawla met Singh in Delhi yesterday and informed the latter that the KNO was not fighting for secession from the Indian Union but struggled for rights of the Kukis.
The Chief Minister said the KNO had signed a Suspension of Operation (SoO) with the Union Home Ministry and that resumption of talks to find a permanent solution to the Kuki problem would be welcomed.
He also apprised Singh about the repatriation of Bru tribals from the relief camps in Tripura saying 6,511 Brus belonging to 1,237 families have been repatriated till date despite opposition and obstruction from the Mizoram Bru Displaced People`s Forum (MBDPF), the statement added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur