Rifleman accidentally kills himself in Manipur
Imphal: A rifleman accidentally shot himself dead while cleaning his service rifle at Kairang area in Manipur`s Imphal East district, police sources said Monday.
Sources said the 35-year-old Thokchom Yaiphaba of the 7th Manipur Rifles, a state force, accidentally shot himself dead at his house at Kairang village late last evening, the sources said.
Meanwhile, unidentified militants hurled a grenade at the house of a private school principal Salam Iboton when he his family were inside, but it did not explode, at Chingmeirong area last night, the sources said.
The police arrested two militants of the People`s Revolutionary Party of Kangleipak (Progressive) Khoirom Bijando and Sanabam Bijenti from Pishum area here and seized an improvised explosive device from them.
Police said as per reports of the preliminary investigation the IED was meant to target security personnel.
Militants of the People`s Revolutionary Party of Kangleipak (Progressive) had earlier used grenades in attacks in the past few weeks including one in front of western gate of the official residence of the Chief Minister, O Ibobi Singh on August 10.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi