Rifleman accidentally kills himself in Manipur
Imphal: A rifleman accidentally shot himself dead while cleaning his service rifle at Kairang area in Manipur`s Imphal East district, police sources said Monday.
Sources said the 35-year-old Thokchom Yaiphaba of the 7th Manipur Rifles, a state force, accidentally shot himself dead at his house at Kairang village late last evening, the sources said.
Meanwhile, unidentified militants hurled a grenade at the house of a private school principal Salam Iboton when he his family were inside, but it did not explode, at Chingmeirong area last night, the sources said.
The police arrested two militants of the People`s Revolutionary Party of Kangleipak (Progressive) Khoirom Bijando and Sanabam Bijenti from Pishum area here and seized an improvised explosive device from them.
Police said as per reports of the preliminary investigation the IED was meant to target security personnel.
Militants of the People`s Revolutionary Party of Kangleipak (Progressive) had earlier used grenades in attacks in the past few weeks including one in front of western gate of the official residence of the Chief Minister, O Ibobi Singh on August 10.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM