Rifleman accidentally kills himself in Manipur
Imphal: A rifleman accidentally shot himself dead while cleaning his service rifle at Kairang area in Manipur`s Imphal East district, police sources said Monday.
Sources said the 35-year-old Thokchom Yaiphaba of the 7th Manipur Rifles, a state force, accidentally shot himself dead at his house at Kairang village late last evening, the sources said.
Meanwhile, unidentified militants hurled a grenade at the house of a private school principal Salam Iboton when he his family were inside, but it did not explode, at Chingmeirong area last night, the sources said.
The police arrested two militants of the People`s Revolutionary Party of Kangleipak (Progressive) Khoirom Bijando and Sanabam Bijenti from Pishum area here and seized an improvised explosive device from them.
Police said as per reports of the preliminary investigation the IED was meant to target security personnel.
Militants of the People`s Revolutionary Party of Kangleipak (Progressive) had earlier used grenades in attacks in the past few weeks including one in front of western gate of the official residence of the Chief Minister, O Ibobi Singh on August 10.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal