Right atmosphere needed to bring Paresh Barua: ULFA
Guwahati: ULFA `military chief` Paresh
Barua would come for talks if the government created the right
atmosphere for it, the group`s `vice chairman` Pradip Gogoi
Gogoi, who was released from jail on March 4 after 12
years and reached his home in Baksu Mauthgaon in Sibsagar
district, told reporters that it was up to the central and
state governments to create the right atmosphere for talks.
"The right atmosphere could be created by releasing
all jailed ULFA leaders, including `chairman` Arabinda
Rajkhowa, without any condition and bring `general secretary`
Anup Chetia here from the Bangladesh jail," he said.
"We firmly believe that if the government is sincere
in its intention of resolving the issue, then Paresh Barua
will also definitely come for talks," Gogoi said.
The ULFA leader further said the final decision of
holding peace talks lies with the people of Assam. "People of
Assam should tell us whether we should go to Delhi for talks,
return to the jungles or back to the jails," he said.
Meanwhile, Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi said the state
government was prepared to take any step for peace.
"We will definitely facilitate the peace process if
the ULFA leader expresses desire to sit for negotiations," he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS