Rio lauds Mamata for Nagaland projects
Kohima: Nagaland Chief Minister Neiphiu
Rio has applauded Railway Minister Mamata Banerjee for
inclusion of Nagaland in the railway budget, which he
described as a "truly a national budget".
In a letter yesterday to Banerjee, Rio appreciated the
budget proposing a new train Dimapur-Guwahati Express and
inclusion of Dimapur-Tizit railway line.
Rio suggested that the new express train should
originate from Dimapur in the morning and make a return from
Guwahati in the evening.
The chief minister assured Banerjee full cooperation
of the state government in making her initiatives successful.
He described the proposals made in the railway budget
as "truly a national budget" having development and
connectivity projects for all regions of the country.
This was the approach required on the part of the
Centre for equitable and inclusive growth throughout the
length and breadth of India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city