Rio lauds Mamata for Nagaland projects
Kohima: Nagaland Chief Minister Neiphiu
Rio has applauded Railway Minister Mamata Banerjee for
inclusion of Nagaland in the railway budget, which he
described as a "truly a national budget".
In a letter yesterday to Banerjee, Rio appreciated the
budget proposing a new train Dimapur-Guwahati Express and
inclusion of Dimapur-Tizit railway line.
Rio suggested that the new express train should
originate from Dimapur in the morning and make a return from
Guwahati in the evening.
The chief minister assured Banerjee full cooperation
of the state government in making her initiatives successful.
He described the proposals made in the railway budget
as "truly a national budget" having development and
connectivity projects for all regions of the country.
This was the approach required on the part of the
Centre for equitable and inclusive growth throughout the
length and breadth of India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- NSG likely to meet again to discuss entry of non-NPT countries
- Twenty five militants killed in eastern Nangarhar province in Afghanistan
- Kiren Rijiju celebrates anti-emergency day, says BJP against "dictatorship"
- Minister, 15 others killed in Somalia hotel attack
- Congress stages dharnas demanding resignation of 21 AAP MLAs