Rio lauds Mamata for Nagaland projects
Kohima: Nagaland Chief Minister Neiphiu
Rio has applauded Railway Minister Mamata Banerjee for
inclusion of Nagaland in the railway budget, which he
described as a "truly a national budget".
In a letter yesterday to Banerjee, Rio appreciated the
budget proposing a new train Dimapur-Guwahati Express and
inclusion of Dimapur-Tizit railway line.
Rio suggested that the new express train should
originate from Dimapur in the morning and make a return from
Guwahati in the evening.
The chief minister assured Banerjee full cooperation
of the state government in making her initiatives successful.
He described the proposals made in the railway budget
as "truly a national budget" having development and
connectivity projects for all regions of the country.
This was the approach required on the part of the
Centre for equitable and inclusive growth throughout the
length and breadth of India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore