Rio lauds Mamata for Nagaland projects
Kohima: Nagaland Chief Minister Neiphiu
Rio has applauded Railway Minister Mamata Banerjee for
inclusion of Nagaland in the railway budget, which he
described as a "truly a national budget".
In a letter yesterday to Banerjee, Rio appreciated the
budget proposing a new train Dimapur-Guwahati Express and
inclusion of Dimapur-Tizit railway line.
Rio suggested that the new express train should
originate from Dimapur in the morning and make a return from
Guwahati in the evening.
The chief minister assured Banerjee full cooperation
of the state government in making her initiatives successful.
He described the proposals made in the railway budget
as "truly a national budget" having development and
connectivity projects for all regions of the country.
This was the approach required on the part of the
Centre for equitable and inclusive growth throughout the
length and breadth of India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Islamic State 'poster girl' beaten to death by jihadists