Rio presents vote-on-account instead of a full budget
Kohima: Nagaland Chief Minister Neiphiu Rio on Thursday presented a vote-on-account in the state assembly to meet the government expenditure for first four months of 2010
The Chief Minister, who also holds finance portfolio, put the anticipated expenditure at Rs 2,067.26 crore taking into consideration the revenue and expenditure statement of
the current financial year.
Rio informed the house that since the Planning Commission was yet to finalise the annual plan outlay for the year 1010-11, the government could not present a full fledged budget and the same would be tabled in July.
While estimating the requirement for next four months, the chief minister took into account the current year’s expenditure on non-plan, plan, CSS, NEC and non-lapsable pool of central resources heads.
Explaining the reasons behind the Planning Commission’s inability to finalise the state’s plan lay out, Rio told the members that the recommendations of the 13th Finance Commission regarding devolution of central taxes to states was yet to receive the assent of the President of India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Donald Trump threatens to leave WTO
- British PM Theresa May heads to N. Ireland for Brexit talks
- Rio Olympics: WADA 'disappointed' as IOC fails to ban Russia for mega event
- Al Qaeda chief urges kidnappings of Westerners for prisoner swaps - SITE
- Japan logs first half-year trade surplus since Fukushima