Rio presents vote-on-account instead of a full budget
Kohima: Nagaland Chief Minister Neiphiu Rio on Thursday presented a vote-on-account in the state assembly to meet the government expenditure for first four months of 2010
The Chief Minister, who also holds finance portfolio, put the anticipated expenditure at Rs 2,067.26 crore taking into consideration the revenue and expenditure statement of
the current financial year.
Rio informed the house that since the Planning Commission was yet to finalise the annual plan outlay for the year 1010-11, the government could not present a full fledged budget and the same would be tabled in July.
While estimating the requirement for next four months, the chief minister took into account the current year’s expenditure on non-plan, plan, CSS, NEC and non-lapsable pool of central resources heads.
Explaining the reasons behind the Planning Commission’s inability to finalise the state’s plan lay out, Rio told the members that the recommendations of the 13th Finance Commission regarding devolution of central taxes to states was yet to receive the assent of the President of India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!