Rio presents vote-on-account instead of a full budget
Kohima: Nagaland Chief Minister Neiphiu Rio on Thursday presented a vote-on-account in the state assembly to meet the government expenditure for first four months of 2010
The Chief Minister, who also holds finance portfolio, put the anticipated expenditure at Rs 2,067.26 crore taking into consideration the revenue and expenditure statement of
the current financial year.
Rio informed the house that since the Planning Commission was yet to finalise the annual plan outlay for the year 1010-11, the government could not present a full fledged budget and the same would be tabled in July.
While estimating the requirement for next four months, the chief minister took into account the current year’s expenditure on non-plan, plan, CSS, NEC and non-lapsable pool of central resources heads.
Explaining the reasons behind the Planning Commission’s inability to finalise the state’s plan lay out, Rio told the members that the recommendations of the 13th Finance Commission regarding devolution of central taxes to states was yet to receive the assent of the President of India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video