Rio presents vote-on-account instead of a full budget
Kohima: Nagaland Chief Minister Neiphiu Rio on Thursday presented a vote-on-account in the state assembly to meet the government expenditure for first four months of 2010
The Chief Minister, who also holds finance portfolio, put the anticipated expenditure at Rs 2,067.26 crore taking into consideration the revenue and expenditure statement of
the current financial year.
Rio informed the house that since the Planning Commission was yet to finalise the annual plan outlay for the year 1010-11, the government could not present a full fledged budget and the same would be tabled in July.
While estimating the requirement for next four months, the chief minister took into account the current year’s expenditure on non-plan, plan, CSS, NEC and non-lapsable pool of central resources heads.
Explaining the reasons behind the Planning Commission’s inability to finalise the state’s plan lay out, Rio told the members that the recommendations of the 13th Finance Commission regarding devolution of central taxes to states was yet to receive the assent of the President of India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Sheena murder case: Villager helps locate spot where body was buried