Rs 28 lakh looted from Arunachal bank
Itanagar: Three armed miscreants looted Rs 28 lakh from the cashier of Arunachal Pradesh Rural bank, Ganga branch today, police said.
Sub-divisional police officer, Capital complex, J Basar said two local youths entered the bank at around 9.45 am soon after the branch opened while another stood guard outside.
When the cashier opened the cash chest, they looted Rs 28 lakh at gun point and fled, Basar said.
A massive manhunt had been launched and red alert sounded in the capital, he said.
This is the third bank heist within a span of 12 months.
Earlier, in September 2012, the same branch was looted of Rs 30 lakhs.
On December 1, 2012 Axis Bank, Itanagar branch was looted of Rs 18 lakhs by the bank`s private security personnel when they went to depost cash at the ATM. Later RS 11 lakh was recovered, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Parineeti Chopra turns 'sexy pari' for sizzling photo-shoot