Rs 28 lakh looted from Arunachal bank
Itanagar: Three armed miscreants looted Rs 28 lakh from the cashier of Arunachal Pradesh Rural bank, Ganga branch today, police said.
Sub-divisional police officer, Capital complex, J Basar said two local youths entered the bank at around 9.45 am soon after the branch opened while another stood guard outside.
When the cashier opened the cash chest, they looted Rs 28 lakh at gun point and fled, Basar said.
A massive manhunt had been launched and red alert sounded in the capital, he said.
This is the third bank heist within a span of 12 months.
Earlier, in September 2012, the same branch was looted of Rs 30 lakhs.
On December 1, 2012 Axis Bank, Itanagar branch was looted of Rs 18 lakhs by the bank`s private security personnel when they went to depost cash at the ATM. Later RS 11 lakh was recovered, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed in Tamil Nadu Assembly; didn't use force on crowd, says Chennai Police Commissioner
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur