Rs 28 lakh looted from Arunachal bank
Itanagar: Three armed miscreants looted Rs 28 lakh from the cashier of Arunachal Pradesh Rural bank, Ganga branch today, police said.
Sub-divisional police officer, Capital complex, J Basar said two local youths entered the bank at around 9.45 am soon after the branch opened while another stood guard outside.
When the cashier opened the cash chest, they looted Rs 28 lakh at gun point and fled, Basar said.
A massive manhunt had been launched and red alert sounded in the capital, he said.
This is the third bank heist within a span of 12 months.
Earlier, in September 2012, the same branch was looted of Rs 30 lakhs.
On December 1, 2012 Axis Bank, Itanagar branch was looted of Rs 18 lakhs by the bank`s private security personnel when they went to depost cash at the ATM. Later RS 11 lakh was recovered, police said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living