Rs 3,325 vote-on-account budget for Mizoram
Aizawl: The Mizoram government has proposed no new taxes, or any increase in the rate of the existing taxes in the 3,325-crore vote-on-account placed in the Assembly on Tuesday for the first four months of the next fiscal.
In his budget speech, state Finance Minister Lalsawta estimated the deficit in the current fiscal at Rs 340.80 crore, but said that it was expected to come down to Rs 299.63 crore by the end of the next fiscal.
Lalsawta delivered the speech in Mizo language, a first by any state finance minister.
He emphasised the need for improvement and augmentation of the state`s own tax and non-tax revenues and cutting down on non-plan revenue expenditure whenever possible.
"As and when the annual plan for 2014-15 is finalised, I will seek approval of this august House for the regular budget," the Finance Minister said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter