RTI activist among others join AAP in Meghalaya
Shillong: A woman RTI activist and several women in Meghalaya on Thursday joined the Arvind Kejriwal-led Aam Admi Party as the party is enrolling members to reach the one crore mark by January 26.
Agnes Kharshiing, a woman activist and several others are members of the Civil Society Women Organisation (CSWO) joined the AAP, Habung Payeng, a national executive member of the AAP told a news agency.
Kharshiing is one of the three state coordinators appointed by the party along with 12 other members to ensure that the enrolment drive takes off in the districts, he said.
The enrolment drive is on across the north east and would be rigorous in the state where he felt the common people were deprived of their rights and the politicians take advantage of them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016