Ruling NPF contesting all 60 seats in Nagaland polls
Kohima: The ruling Nagaland People`s Front (NPF) is the only party which has put up candidates in all the 60-seats for the February 23 polls to the Nagaland assembly.
Opposition Congress has put up the second largest number of candidates after the ruling NPF in 57 seats.
While the Bharitya Janata Party (BJP) has put up candidates in 11 seats, the Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) has fielded 15 candidates in the electoral fray.
The Janata Dal (United) and the Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) has put up candidates in three and two seats respectively, while the United Naga Democratic Party (UNDP) has fielded candidate in only one seat.
After the NPF and the Congress, the Independents are the largest chunk of candidates with 39 Independent candidate in the fray for the February 23 polls.
A total of 188 candidates are contesting for the 60 seats of the Nagaland Assembly.
One-third of the seats or 20 seats will witness a straight contest with only two candidates in the fray.
The maximum number of candidates contesting from a constituency is six. Only two constituency Sanis and Bhandari will see six contestants contesting from the seat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you