Saheni Lohrii`s mortal remains of deceased soldier brought to Imphal
Imphal: Mortal remains of the deceased
soldier of 60 Rashtriya Rifles, who was killed in the March 30
encounter between the Indian Army and the Lashkar-e-Toiba
militant in Jammu and Kashmir, arrived in Imphal Friday.
Saheni Lohrii`s body arrived at Imphal airport this
afternoon by aircraft, where it was received with full
military honours by senior officers of the Red Shield Division
led by Brig N J George.
Tributes and a ceremonial guard of honour was paid by the
civil as well as military authorities to the deceased soldier.
The mortal remains were sent for the final journey to his
native village Mao Pungdong in Senapati district of Manipur.
Saheni Lohrii is survived by his father Subedar Maj
(Retd) A Mao of Naga Regiment, his wife Komuni and his four
sons, family sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars