Saheni Lohrii`s mortal remains of deceased soldier brought to Imphal
Imphal: Mortal remains of the deceased
soldier of 60 Rashtriya Rifles, who was killed in the March 30
encounter between the Indian Army and the Lashkar-e-Toiba
militant in Jammu and Kashmir, arrived in Imphal Friday.
Saheni Lohrii`s body arrived at Imphal airport this
afternoon by aircraft, where it was received with full
military honours by senior officers of the Red Shield Division
led by Brig N J George.
Tributes and a ceremonial guard of honour was paid by the
civil as well as military authorities to the deceased soldier.
The mortal remains were sent for the final journey to his
native village Mao Pungdong in Senapati district of Manipur.
Saheni Lohrii is survived by his father Subedar Maj
(Retd) A Mao of Naga Regiment, his wife Komuni and his four
sons, family sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley