Sangliana asks NE states to form minority commissions
Shillong: National Commission for
Minorities (NCM) vice-chairman HT Sangliana has asked the
North Eastern states to constitute minority commissions which
can act as nodal agencies to facilitate development programmes
and welfare schemes for minorities.
Stating that only Assam has set up the panel in the NE
region, he asked the states to take action for effective and
speedy implementation of the Prime Minister’s new 15-point
programme for welfare of the minorities.
Sangliana laid stress on better co-ordination between
National Commission for Minorities and the State so as to have
better understanding of the problems and needs of the
minorities, official sources said today.
During a meeting with senior officials of Meghalaya
Government yesterday, he inquired about implementation of
various schemes in the state.
Issues like awarding of scholarships to students,
incentive package for candidates appearing for All India Civil
Services Examinations also came up during the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145