Sangliana asks NE states to form minority commissions
Shillong: National Commission for
Minorities (NCM) vice-chairman HT Sangliana has asked the
North Eastern states to constitute minority commissions which
can act as nodal agencies to facilitate development programmes
and welfare schemes for minorities.
Stating that only Assam has set up the panel in the NE
region, he asked the states to take action for effective and
speedy implementation of the Prime Minister’s new 15-point
programme for welfare of the minorities.
Sangliana laid stress on better co-ordination between
National Commission for Minorities and the State so as to have
better understanding of the problems and needs of the
minorities, official sources said today.
During a meeting with senior officials of Meghalaya
Government yesterday, he inquired about implementation of
various schemes in the state.
Issues like awarding of scholarships to students,
incentive package for candidates appearing for All India Civil
Services Examinations also came up during the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Deepika Padukone-Ranveer Singh break-up? Here's what the 'Padmavati' star has to say!