Sangliana asks NE states to form minority commissions
Shillong: National Commission for
Minorities (NCM) vice-chairman HT Sangliana has asked the
North Eastern states to constitute minority commissions which
can act as nodal agencies to facilitate development programmes
and welfare schemes for minorities.
Stating that only Assam has set up the panel in the NE
region, he asked the states to take action for effective and
speedy implementation of the Prime Minister’s new 15-point
programme for welfare of the minorities.
Sangliana laid stress on better co-ordination between
National Commission for Minorities and the State so as to have
better understanding of the problems and needs of the
minorities, official sources said today.
During a meeting with senior officials of Meghalaya
Government yesterday, he inquired about implementation of
various schemes in the state.
Issues like awarding of scholarships to students,
incentive package for candidates appearing for All India Civil
Services Examinations also came up during the meeting.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India