Sangma is frustrated: Meghalaya Congress
Shillong: Taking strong exception to senior NCP leader and former Speaker P A Sangma`s comment that a Prime Minister should be a member from the Lok Sabha, Meghalaya Congress today said such remarks are an indication of is "frustration".
"His comments are an indication of extreme frustration. He has no other issue to rake up to get attention," senior Congress leader and deputy chief minister Mukul Sangma said.
The NCP leader was recently critical of the fact that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh is not from the Lok Sabha.
"I am a strong believer of the parliamentary system of governance, but in the last several years, I have been a very disappointed man...For years Lok Sabha has failed to produce a
prime minister," the former Lok Sabha Speaker had said.
Mukul Sangma said the NCP leader did not find any other issue to rake up.
"He has aired such an unreasonable and illogical remark to attract attention of public," the Congress leader added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre