Sangma to lead National People`s Party
Shillong: Defeated presidential candidate Purno A. Sangma will float the National People`s Party (NPP) here in Meghalaya on Friday, an aide said on Thursday.
"The NPP will be led by Sangma," the aide told a news agency. "NPP will be tribal-centric but will be open to all."
Its symbol will be a book. The party will soon seek recognition from the Election Commission.
According to the aide, the new party will draw most of its members from the Nationalist Congress Party (NCP), his former party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof