Sangma to lead National People`s Party
Shillong: Defeated presidential candidate Purno A. Sangma will float the National People`s Party (NPP) here in Meghalaya on Friday, an aide said on Thursday.
"The NPP will be led by Sangma," the aide told a news agency. "NPP will be tribal-centric but will be open to all."
Its symbol will be a book. The party will soon seek recognition from the Election Commission.
According to the aide, the new party will draw most of its members from the Nationalist Congress Party (NCP), his former party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez