Sangma to lead National People`s Party
Shillong: Defeated presidential candidate Purno A. Sangma will float the National People`s Party (NPP) here in Meghalaya on Friday, an aide said on Thursday.
"The NPP will be led by Sangma," the aide told a news agency. "NPP will be tribal-centric but will be open to all."
Its symbol will be a book. The party will soon seek recognition from the Election Commission.
According to the aide, the new party will draw most of its members from the Nationalist Congress Party (NCP), his former party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Trump vows to begin deportations immediately if sworn in
- British PM to trigger EU pull-out `without parliament vote`
- Italy mourns quake victims, death toll rises to 291
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio