Sanjoy alleges Maoist involvement in anti-hydel power stir
Itanagar: The MP from Arunachal-West constituency Takam Sanjoy has alleged involvement of Maoists in the movement against construction of hydro-power dams in the state.
Addressing a public rally at Pasighat in East Siang district yesterday, Sanjoy said that Maoists` link with the anti-dam movement was established as some jailed Maoist leaders admitted the truth.
Stating that hydropower projects are a boon for the land-locked state, Sanjoy expressed opinion that the protesting organizations excluded from development concept are putting roadblock on the path of development.
“The state government, by harnessing hydropower potential in the hilly rivers can enrich the state’s coffer and accelerate the development process. It is very unfortunate that the protesting organizations demand adequate power supply in one hand and opposing construction of hydropower projects on the other hand," Sanjoy said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Marijuana compound may improve night vision
- Know how these two Mumbai brothers turned Rs 25 thousand into Rs 9,000 crores
- Seven killed in Mogadishu beach restaurant attack: Official
- Hungary to build second fence on border with Serbia to keep out migrants
- Curfew in several areas of Kashmir ahead of planned march