Sanjoy alleges Maoist involvement in anti-hydel power stir
Itanagar: The MP from Arunachal-West constituency Takam Sanjoy has alleged involvement of Maoists in the movement against construction of hydro-power dams in the state.
Addressing a public rally at Pasighat in East Siang district yesterday, Sanjoy said that Maoists` link with the anti-dam movement was established as some jailed Maoist leaders admitted the truth.
Stating that hydropower projects are a boon for the land-locked state, Sanjoy expressed opinion that the protesting organizations excluded from development concept are putting roadblock on the path of development.
“The state government, by harnessing hydropower potential in the hilly rivers can enrich the state’s coffer and accelerate the development process. It is very unfortunate that the protesting organizations demand adequate power supply in one hand and opposing construction of hydropower projects on the other hand," Sanjoy said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested