Sanjoy alleges Maoist involvement in anti-hydel power stir
Itanagar: The MP from Arunachal-West constituency Takam Sanjoy has alleged involvement of Maoists in the movement against construction of hydro-power dams in the state.
Addressing a public rally at Pasighat in East Siang district yesterday, Sanjoy said that Maoists` link with the anti-dam movement was established as some jailed Maoist leaders admitted the truth.
Stating that hydropower projects are a boon for the land-locked state, Sanjoy expressed opinion that the protesting organizations excluded from development concept are putting roadblock on the path of development.
“The state government, by harnessing hydropower potential in the hilly rivers can enrich the state’s coffer and accelerate the development process. It is very unfortunate that the protesting organizations demand adequate power supply in one hand and opposing construction of hydropower projects on the other hand," Sanjoy said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?