Sanjoy alleges Maoist involvement in anti-hydel power stir
Itanagar: The MP from Arunachal-West constituency Takam Sanjoy has alleged involvement of Maoists in the movement against construction of hydro-power dams in the state.
Addressing a public rally at Pasighat in East Siang district yesterday, Sanjoy said that Maoists` link with the anti-dam movement was established as some jailed Maoist leaders admitted the truth.
Stating that hydropower projects are a boon for the land-locked state, Sanjoy expressed opinion that the protesting organizations excluded from development concept are putting roadblock on the path of development.
“The state government, by harnessing hydropower potential in the hilly rivers can enrich the state’s coffer and accelerate the development process. It is very unfortunate that the protesting organizations demand adequate power supply in one hand and opposing construction of hydropower projects on the other hand," Sanjoy said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh