Sanjoy alleges Maoist involvement in anti-hydel power stir
Itanagar: The MP from Arunachal-West constituency Takam Sanjoy has alleged involvement of Maoists in the movement against construction of hydro-power dams in the state.
Addressing a public rally at Pasighat in East Siang district yesterday, Sanjoy said that Maoists` link with the anti-dam movement was established as some jailed Maoist leaders admitted the truth.
Stating that hydropower projects are a boon for the land-locked state, Sanjoy expressed opinion that the protesting organizations excluded from development concept are putting roadblock on the path of development.
“The state government, by harnessing hydropower potential in the hilly rivers can enrich the state’s coffer and accelerate the development process. It is very unfortunate that the protesting organizations demand adequate power supply in one hand and opposing construction of hydropower projects on the other hand," Sanjoy said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Rs 7L for Sikh girl, Rs 5L for a Brahmin: `Love jihad` WhatsApp message goes viral in Gujarat
- Ranchi shocker: Teacher kills student because he was in love with her daughter
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry