Saradha executive, another arrested for cheating in Tripura
Agartala: Two executives of two ponzi scheme companies, including the Saradha Group, were arrested from here on the charge of cheating, the police said on Thursday.
Saradha Group executive Suparna Saha was arrested from Radhanagar area and chairman of Real-e-state Bankim Rudra Pal was taken into custody from Jogendranagar yesterday.
Meanwhile, state Finance Minister Badal Chowdhury said the state government has requested the CBI to probe various cases against chit fund companies for `unauthorised` collection of funds from people by alluring them of giving high returns.
"We do not know why CBI was not taking up the cases despite request by Tripura government," he said.
Chowdhury said head offices of most of these companies were outside the state, and, as a result, it was difficult for the Tripura police to conduct inquiries against them.
Chief Minister Manik Sarkar had earlier said his government was resolute to stop operations of chit funds in the state.
Altogether 27 ponzi scheme operators have already closed down their offices in Tripura after collecting Rs 23.16 crore from people, and 90 such organisations are still operating in the state.
Meanwhile, SEBI has imposed ban on Kolkata base company Rose Valley from raising public money, official sources said here today.
The company also operates in the state and has property like Rose Valley Amusement Park and buildings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi