SBI branch manager abducted in Meghalaya
Shillong: Suspected militants abducted a branch manager of the State Bank of India on Monday in Meghalaya`s South West Garo Hills district, police said.
The bank official, Arvind Kumar, was on his way from Guwahati when his vehicle was stopped by three armed persons at Rangatari near the Garobadha bridge around 9 am.
A group of three heavily armed gunmen abducted Kumar, an SBI branch manager in Ampati, but let off his driver unharmed, an operandi usually adopted by the militants operating in the area, they said.
The driver reported the matter to the bank authorities who later informed the police.
While no one has claimed responsibility for the abduction, police believes it is the handiwork of any of the militant outfits including the outlawed GNLA and its break-away faction the A`chik Songna An`pachakgipa Kotok (ASAK) group.
A man hunt has been launched to rescue the abducted bank official.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- WATCH: HISTORIC! Neeraj Chopra sets U-20 Javelin record, becomes first Indian world champion in athletics
- REVEALED: Why Hindu families in Aligarh want to sell their houses, leave area
- We’re not broken, just bent and we can learn to love again!
- Suspended Bihar BJP MLC Tunna Pandey sent to 12-day custody for molesting minor girl on train
- What a strong statement! Sushma Swaraj blasts Nawaz Sharif for delusional, dangerous Kashmir dream: READ top quotes