SBI branch manager abducted in Meghalaya
Shillong: Suspected militants abducted a branch manager of the State Bank of India on Monday in Meghalaya`s South West Garo Hills district, police said.
The bank official, Arvind Kumar, was on his way from Guwahati when his vehicle was stopped by three armed persons at Rangatari near the Garobadha bridge around 9 am.
A group of three heavily armed gunmen abducted Kumar, an SBI branch manager in Ampati, but let off his driver unharmed, an operandi usually adopted by the militants operating in the area, they said.
The driver reported the matter to the bank authorities who later informed the police.
While no one has claimed responsibility for the abduction, police believes it is the handiwork of any of the militant outfits including the outlawed GNLA and its break-away faction the A`chik Songna An`pachakgipa Kotok (ASAK) group.
A man hunt has been launched to rescue the abducted bank official.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan