SBI launches salary package for Assam Rifles
Shillong: In a unique move, the State
Bank of India has launched a specially designed package for
the Assam Rifles personnel, where their salary will be
credited in real time at zero cost.
After launching the package yesterday at the force’s
headquarters along with Assam Rifles Director General K S
Yadava, SBI`s Chief General Manager (North-East circle) A K
Deb said "what makes the package special is the SBI’s
extensive reach through its wide network of branches and
advanced technology through its ATMs, online banking/net
banking covering all types of locations, urban as well as
An estimated 65,000 Assam Rifles jawans will be
benefitted by this salary package which comes with a bundle of
loan and deposit and IT products with in-built concessions in
service charges, interest as well as margin on loans.
Terming the event as historical, Deb said "this is
a time when two institutions pride themselves on their history
and tradition and are getting together to launch not merely a
product but are on the threshold of a great relationship that
shall go beyond that of a banker and a customer."
The Assam Rifles DG said that this relationship with
SBI will enable opening of additional ATM?s and banking
facilities in the North Eastern region which will not only
benefit AR men but also civilians in remote villages.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- Pandal Politics: Shiv Sena slams Bombay High Court's order- Part 2
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes