SBI launches salary package for Assam Rifles
Shillong: In a unique move, the State
Bank of India has launched a specially designed package for
the Assam Rifles personnel, where their salary will be
credited in real time at zero cost.
After launching the package yesterday at the force’s
headquarters along with Assam Rifles Director General K S
Yadava, SBI`s Chief General Manager (North-East circle) A K
Deb said "what makes the package special is the SBI’s
extensive reach through its wide network of branches and
advanced technology through its ATMs, online banking/net
banking covering all types of locations, urban as well as
An estimated 65,000 Assam Rifles jawans will be
benefitted by this salary package which comes with a bundle of
loan and deposit and IT products with in-built concessions in
service charges, interest as well as margin on loans.
Terming the event as historical, Deb said "this is
a time when two institutions pride themselves on their history
and tradition and are getting together to launch not merely a
product but are on the threshold of a great relationship that
shall go beyond that of a banker and a customer."
The Assam Rifles DG said that this relationship with
SBI will enable opening of additional ATM?s and banking
facilities in the North Eastern region which will not only
benefit AR men but also civilians in remote villages.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi addresses public meeting in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US