SBI officer arrested in bribery case
Shillong: A senior State Bank of India official and a middleman have been arrested by CBI on charges of taking bribe for processing a loan.
CBI’s anti-corruption branch in Shillong has arrested
Pranab Lahun, Field Officer (Loans) of State Bank of India,
main branch, Shillong and Sarjit Singh, a middleman for
demanding and accepting a bribe of Rs 4,000 from the
The bribe was for processing and sanction of loan to
purchase a commercial vehicle, a CBI official said.
A case has been registered under Section 120 B of IPC and
Section 7 of the Prevention of Corruption Act, 1988.
Both the accused are being produced in the Court of
Special Judge of CBI cases for Meghalaya in Shillong today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- UK warns of Brexit `shadow` on world economy
- 1st Test: Virat Kohli, R Ashwin shine as India thrash West Indies by innings and 92 runs
- Teenage friend of Munich gunman arrested: police
- 11 injured in blast in German city of Ansbach; suspected bomber killed in explosion
- Scoreboard: India vs West Indies, First Test