SBI officer arrested in bribery case
Shillong: A senior State Bank of India official and a middleman have been arrested by CBI on charges of taking bribe for processing a loan.
CBI’s anti-corruption branch in Shillong has arrested
Pranab Lahun, Field Officer (Loans) of State Bank of India,
main branch, Shillong and Sarjit Singh, a middleman for
demanding and accepting a bribe of Rs 4,000 from the
The bribe was for processing and sanction of loan to
purchase a commercial vehicle, a CBI official said.
A case has been registered under Section 120 B of IPC and
Section 7 of the Prevention of Corruption Act, 1988.
Both the accused are being produced in the Court of
Special Judge of CBI cases for Meghalaya in Shillong today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Shabir Choudhry rejects UN Secy Gen's letter to Pak PM as ''unimpressive''
- When MP CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan got 'lift' from cops during visit to flood-hit areas; image goes viral - Pic inside
- Monsoon session of UP assembly from today; GST Bill likely to be ratified
- Rio Olympics 2016: Sachin Tendulkar all set to gift a swanky BMW to PV Sindhu for scripting history
- Four-day Delhi Assembly session to ratify GST Bill starts today