SBI officer arrested in bribery case
Shillong: A senior State Bank of India official and a middleman have been arrested by CBI on charges of taking bribe for processing a loan.
CBI’s anti-corruption branch in Shillong has arrested
Pranab Lahun, Field Officer (Loans) of State Bank of India,
main branch, Shillong and Sarjit Singh, a middleman for
demanding and accepting a bribe of Rs 4,000 from the
The bribe was for processing and sanction of loan to
purchase a commercial vehicle, a CBI official said.
A case has been registered under Section 120 B of IPC and
Section 7 of the Prevention of Corruption Act, 1988.
Both the accused are being produced in the Court of
Special Judge of CBI cases for Meghalaya in Shillong today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details