Scholarship announced for students pursuing sciences in Meghalaya
Shillong: Meghalaya Chief Minister Mukul Sangma on Wednesday announced scholarships for all students pursuing sciences in their higher studies.
"The government has decided to award scholarship to all students pursuing higher studies in sciences," Sangma told an international seminar here.
He said the scholarship was aimed at attracting students to take up sciences as a career and to help bright students who came from rural areas.
The chief minister said, the scheme was also partially aimed at improving the education in those districts which fared badly in the state’s board exams.
The state’s remotest districts of South and West Garo Hills fared badly in the recently in Class X examinations with pass percentage well below 25 per cent.
Meghalaya was at an advanced stage of signing a US$ 100,000 human resources project funded by the Asian Development Bank.
It was aimed at increasing the employability of those aged 16 to 35 years by improving the quality and delivery of its secondary and higher secondary education, besides providing technical and vocational skill development programmes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH