Scholarship announced for students pursuing sciences in Meghalaya
Shillong: Meghalaya Chief Minister Mukul Sangma on Wednesday announced scholarships for all students pursuing sciences in their higher studies.
"The government has decided to award scholarship to all students pursuing higher studies in sciences," Sangma told an international seminar here.
He said the scholarship was aimed at attracting students to take up sciences as a career and to help bright students who came from rural areas.
The chief minister said, the scheme was also partially aimed at improving the education in those districts which fared badly in the state’s board exams.
The state’s remotest districts of South and West Garo Hills fared badly in the recently in Class X examinations with pass percentage well below 25 per cent.
Meghalaya was at an advanced stage of signing a US$ 100,000 human resources project funded by the Asian Development Bank.
It was aimed at increasing the employability of those aged 16 to 35 years by improving the quality and delivery of its secondary and higher secondary education, besides providing technical and vocational skill development programmes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi