School building set afire in Manipur
Imphal: A school building has been set afire by unidentified persons in interior Yairipok area of Manipur`s Thoubal district.
Junior High School at Poiroukhongjil in the Yairipok police station area was completely destroyed in the fire late last night, police said.
There was no casualty in the incident.
Expressing surprise at the burning of the school building, which was built only recently, headmaster M Rajendro said there was no monetary demand from any militant group.
Official sources said no individual or group had so far claimed responsibility for the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman