School building set afire in Manipur
Imphal: A school building has been set afire by unidentified persons in interior Yairipok area of Manipur`s Thoubal district.
Junior High School at Poiroukhongjil in the Yairipok police station area was completely destroyed in the fire late last night, police said.
There was no casualty in the incident.
Expressing surprise at the burning of the school building, which was built only recently, headmaster M Rajendro said there was no monetary demand from any militant group.
Official sources said no individual or group had so far claimed responsibility for the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- 5.5 magnitude earthquake hits Myanmar-India border; tremors felt in Assam
- Was Aamir Khan all set to do a 'Rustom'? Here's what we know so far
- Grand Welcome for champions: After Telangana, Andhra Pradesh government felicitates PV Sindhu, Pullela Gopichand
- Google rolls out Android Nougat, Nexus phones to get it first
- Watch: Sonakshi Sinha, Remo D'souza's 'Beat Pe Booty' will make you want to hit dance floor too