School building set afire in Manipur
Imphal: A school building has been set afire by unidentified persons in interior Yairipok area of Manipur`s Thoubal district.
Junior High School at Poiroukhongjil in the Yairipok police station area was completely destroyed in the fire late last night, police said.
There was no casualty in the incident.
Expressing surprise at the burning of the school building, which was built only recently, headmaster M Rajendro said there was no monetary demand from any militant group.
Official sources said no individual or group had so far claimed responsibility for the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Suresh Raina denies Lalit Modi's match-fixing allegation, mulls legal action against former IPL boss