School girl `raped` in Itanagar
Itanagar: A minor school girl was sexually abused by a large number of youths at Chowkham in Lohit district.
The girl, a student of class IX was allegedly raped by the group on Monday last when she along with her friends went out for a picnic, police said here Thursday.
According to sources, eight students including five boys went for picnic on the bank of nearby Bereng river.
They enjoyed the sight and stayed in the spot till darkness which drew the attention of a group.
While five youths and two girls managed to flee, a local girl got trapped.
Lohit Superintendent of Police S Kuruvilla rushed to the spot to investigate into the matter and bring the culprits to book.
After conducting medical examination of the girl, a police team under the supervision of the SP launched massive operation to arrest the absconding youths.
The senior members, the youth brigades and village defene parties of local Khampti and the Chakma communities have been extending cooperation to the police to arrest the culprits, who have been identified, the SP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees