School girl `raped` in Itanagar
Itanagar: A minor school girl was sexually abused by a large number of youths at Chowkham in Lohit district.
The girl, a student of class IX was allegedly raped by the group on Monday last when she along with her friends went out for a picnic, police said here Thursday.
According to sources, eight students including five boys went for picnic on the bank of nearby Bereng river.
They enjoyed the sight and stayed in the spot till darkness which drew the attention of a group.
While five youths and two girls managed to flee, a local girl got trapped.
Lohit Superintendent of Police S Kuruvilla rushed to the spot to investigate into the matter and bring the culprits to book.
After conducting medical examination of the girl, a police team under the supervision of the SP launched massive operation to arrest the absconding youths.
The senior members, the youth brigades and village defene parties of local Khampti and the Chakma communities have been extending cooperation to the police to arrest the culprits, who have been identified, the SP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling