School girl `raped` in Itanagar
Itanagar: A minor school girl was sexually abused by a large number of youths at Chowkham in Lohit district.
The girl, a student of class IX was allegedly raped by the group on Monday last when she along with her friends went out for a picnic, police said here Thursday.
According to sources, eight students including five boys went for picnic on the bank of nearby Bereng river.
They enjoyed the sight and stayed in the spot till darkness which drew the attention of a group.
While five youths and two girls managed to flee, a local girl got trapped.
Lohit Superintendent of Police S Kuruvilla rushed to the spot to investigate into the matter and bring the culprits to book.
After conducting medical examination of the girl, a police team under the supervision of the SP launched massive operation to arrest the absconding youths.
The senior members, the youth brigades and village defene parties of local Khampti and the Chakma communities have been extending cooperation to the police to arrest the culprits, who have been identified, the SP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love