School girl `raped` in Itanagar
Itanagar: A minor school girl was
sexually abused by a large number of youths at Chowkham in Lohit district.
The girl, a student of class IX was allegedly raped by the group on Monday last when she along with her friends went out for a picnic, police said here today.
According to sources, eight students including five boys went for picnic on the bank of nearby Bereng river.
They enjoyed the sight and stayed in the spot till darkness which drew the attention of a group.
While five youths and two girls managed to flee, a local girl got trapped.
Lohit Superintendent of Police S Kuruvilla rushed to the spot to investigate into the matter and bring the culprits to book.
After conducting medical examination of the girl, a police team under the supervision of the SP launched massive operation to arrest the absconding youths.
The senior members, the youth brigades and village defene parties of local Khampti and the Chakma communities have been extending cooperation to the police to arrest the culprits, who have been identified, the SP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre