School girl `raped` in Itanagar
Itanagar: A minor school girl was
sexually abused by a large number of youths at Chowkham in Lohit district.
The girl, a student of class IX was allegedly raped by the group on Monday last when she along with her friends went out for a picnic, police said here today.
According to sources, eight students including five boys went for picnic on the bank of nearby Bereng river.
They enjoyed the sight and stayed in the spot till darkness which drew the attention of a group.
While five youths and two girls managed to flee, a local girl got trapped.
Lohit Superintendent of Police S Kuruvilla rushed to the spot to investigate into the matter and bring the culprits to book.
After conducting medical examination of the girl, a police team under the supervision of the SP launched massive operation to arrest the absconding youths.
The senior members, the youth brigades and village defene parties of local Khampti and the Chakma communities have been extending cooperation to the police to arrest the culprits, who have been identified, the SP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Monsoon's after-effects troubling everyday lives in cities
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Mumbai local crashes into platform at Churchgate Station
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- #SelfieWithDaughter trends worldwide on Twitter after PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat'
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him