Search launched on Manipur highway for bombs
Imphal: A massive search operation was launched Monday in a three kilometre stretch from Khudengthabi to the border town of Moreh in Manipur`s Chandel district to detect bombs planted by insurgents, officials said.
The search along the Imphal-Moreh National Highway by a joint team of para-military forces and police was launched after information was received that powerful bombs might have been planted by insurgents to target security personnel.
Insurgents had detonated powerful bombs at least seven times in the area in the last few months targeting security personnel, officials said.
Major insurgent organisations like United National Liberation Front and People`s Liberation Army are active in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- 12 killed as violence mars Bangladesh local body polls
- Assault on Africans: Eight held, Home Minister Rajnath Singh asks police to ensure safety
- Must watch VIDEO: When James Vince, Joe Root teamed-up to take possibly the best slip catch in Test cricket history
- Arun Jaitley seeks Japanese investments; meets SoftBank CEO
- German nationalist slammed over racist comment on Jerome Boateng