Search launched on Manipur highway for bombs
Imphal: A massive search operation was launched Monday in a three kilometre stretch from Khudengthabi to the border town of Moreh in Manipur`s Chandel district to detect bombs planted by insurgents, officials said.
The search along the Imphal-Moreh National Highway by a joint team of para-military forces and police was launched after information was received that powerful bombs might have been planted by insurgents to target security personnel.
Insurgents had detonated powerful bombs at least seven times in the area in the last few months targeting security personnel, officials said.
Major insurgent organisations like United National Liberation Front and People`s Liberation Army are active in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...