Search launched on Manipur highway for bombs
Imphal: A massive search operation was launched Monday in a three kilometre stretch from Khudengthabi to the border town of Moreh in Manipur`s Chandel district to detect bombs planted by insurgents, officials said.
The search along the Imphal-Moreh National Highway by a joint team of para-military forces and police was launched after information was received that powerful bombs might have been planted by insurgents to target security personnel.
Insurgents had detonated powerful bombs at least seven times in the area in the last few months targeting security personnel, officials said.
Major insurgent organisations like United National Liberation Front and People`s Liberation Army are active in the area.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed