Search launched on Manipur highway for bombs
Imphal: A massive search operation was launched Monday in a three kilometre stretch from Khudengthabi to the border town of Moreh in Manipur`s Chandel district to detect bombs planted by insurgents, officials said.
The search along the Imphal-Moreh National Highway by a joint team of para-military forces and police was launched after information was received that powerful bombs might have been planted by insurgents to target security personnel.
Insurgents had detonated powerful bombs at least seven times in the area in the last few months targeting security personnel, officials said.
Major insurgent organisations like United National Liberation Front and People`s Liberation Army are active in the area.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'