Second Nyishi-Bodo Accord signed
Itanagar: The second Nyishi-Bodo Accord was recently signed here in East Kameng district for bringing peace in the boundary areas between Arunachal Pradesh and Assam that are home to two large ethnic tribes, Bodos and Nyishis.
The signing of the accord on Thursday was preceded by a core group discussion and a public meeting between members of the Nyishi Elite Society (NES), Bodo Sahitya Sabha (BSS),All Nyishi Students Union (ANSU) and All Bodo Students Union.
(ABSU) on the same day, a communiqu said here on Saturday.
Presided over by NES president Bengia Tolum, the meeting concluded with the bilateral resolution to bring peace and harmony in the boundary areas.
Both sides condemned the atrocities being committed on Nyishi settlements along the Assam-Arunachal boundary, particularly in Bhalukpong, Seijosa and adjoining areas of West and East Kameng districts, and Balijan and adjoining areas in Papum Pare district.
The two state governments and the Centre were also requested to ensure security in the areas.
It was also decided that a Nyishi-Bodo Coordination Committee would be formed, with the NES and BSS presidents as co-chairmen, for lasting peace among residents of both tribes.
In addition, regional and local peace committees comprising members from both tribes would be formed to coordinate with the community level committee, which will organize unity rallies to build mutual trust, and organizev cultural exchange programmes in Nyishi and Bodo areas of both
The committee’s leaders were expected to meet the chief ministers of Arunachal Pradesh and Assam to apprise them of the ground realities in the context of initiating the process of peace process and development in the region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened