Section 144 CrPC clamped in Kazairanga National Park
Golaghat: Prohibitory orders
under Section 144 CrPC has been clamped along National Highway
37 passing through Kaziranga National Park as the flood
situation inside the world-famed sanctuary is yet to improve.
Official sources said here today the administrations
of Bokakhat and Koliabor subdivisions have clamped Section 144
CrPC from Bokakhat to Jakhalabandha with vehicles directed not
to cross the 40 km per hour limit till the flood situation
inside the Park improves.
The low-lying areas of the Park have remained
submerged and some animals have taken shelter in the
neighbouring Karbi Hills and tea garden areas to the south of
Park Divisional Forest Officer Dibyadhar Gogoi said
that the Brahmaputra was flowing below the danger level but
several low lying areas were still submerged posing a danger
to the animals.
There was, however, no report of any animal casualty
so far, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sadhguru to lead yoga session at UN on 2nd International Yoga Day
- Priyanka Chopra shares throwback pic of her nani on her 94th birthday! – View pic
- US military restricts troops after murder in Okinawa
- Pakistan can help US destabilise Taliban: Senator Bob Corker
- North Korean leader`s aunt runs dry-cleaner in US: Reports