Section 144 CrPC clamped in Kazairanga National Park
Golaghat: Prohibitory orders
under Section 144 CrPC has been clamped along National Highway
37 passing through Kaziranga National Park as the flood
situation inside the world-famed sanctuary is yet to improve.
Official sources said here today the administrations
of Bokakhat and Koliabor subdivisions have clamped Section 144
CrPC from Bokakhat to Jakhalabandha with vehicles directed not
to cross the 40 km per hour limit till the flood situation
inside the Park improves.
The low-lying areas of the Park have remained
submerged and some animals have taken shelter in the
neighbouring Karbi Hills and tea garden areas to the south of
Park Divisional Forest Officer Dibyadhar Gogoi said
that the Brahmaputra was flowing below the danger level but
several low lying areas were still submerged posing a danger
to the animals.
There was, however, no report of any animal casualty
so far, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145