Security beefed up in Tripura before Independence Day
Agartala: Security has been beefed up in Tripura for peaceful observance of Independence Day and to thwart any possible attacks from insurgents, police said on Monday.
Inspector General, Police Control, Nepal Das said strength of the security forces deployed before the vital installations like Civil Secretariat, state Assembly, Rajbhaban was strengthened.
Regular check-up of vehicles entering into the capital town is on and dog squads have been pressed into service to unearth any hidden bombs and patrolling by paramilitary Tripura State Rifles (TSR) in the hilly and interior places has been intensified.
He said BSF which guards the 856 km long international border with Bangladesh was also alerted for keeping vigilance so that no unwanted elements could intrude into Indian territory before the Independence Day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- American Senator wants US to stop issuing visas to Indians
- Kareena Kapoor Khan looks unapologetically sexy on the cover of Vogue India – See pic
- Will women be allowed to enter Haji Ali shrine? Bombay HC verdict today
- Check out the posters of Sunny Leone’s ‘Beiimaan Love’
- Central team to visit Kashmir to look into infiltration today