Security beefed up in Tripura before Independence Day
Agartala: Security has been beefed up in Tripura for peaceful observance of Independence Day and to thwart any possible attacks from insurgents, police said on Monday.
Inspector General, Police Control, Nepal Das said strength of the security forces deployed before the vital installations like Civil Secretariat, state Assembly, Rajbhaban was strengthened.
Regular check-up of vehicles entering into the capital town is on and dog squads have been pressed into service to unearth any hidden bombs and patrolling by paramilitary Tripura State Rifles (TSR) in the hilly and interior places has been intensified.
He said BSF which guards the 856 km long international border with Bangladesh was also alerted for keeping vigilance so that no unwanted elements could intrude into Indian territory before the Independence Day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre