Security beefed up in Tripura before Independence Day
Agartala: Security has been beefed up in Tripura for peaceful observance of Independence Day and to thwart any possible attacks from insurgents, police said on Monday.
Inspector General, Police Control, Nepal Das said strength of the security forces deployed before the vital installations like Civil Secretariat, state Assembly, Rajbhaban was strengthened.
Regular check-up of vehicles entering into the capital town is on and dog squads have been pressed into service to unearth any hidden bombs and patrolling by paramilitary Tripura State Rifles (TSR) in the hilly and interior places has been intensified.
He said BSF which guards the 856 km long international border with Bangladesh was also alerted for keeping vigilance so that no unwanted elements could intrude into Indian territory before the Independence Day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Mali Islamist rebel apologises for destroying shrines
- 3 militants killed in Pakistan
- Donald Trump calls for immediate closure of ''corrupt'' Clinton Foundation
- Hillary Clinton e-mail scandal: FBI discovers 15,000 more e-mails
- British police intercept drones flying drugs, cell phones into London prison