Security beefed up in Tripura before Independence Day
Agartala: Security has been beefed up in Tripura for peaceful observance of Independence Day and to thwart any possible attacks from insurgents, police said on Monday.
Inspector General, Police Control, Nepal Das said strength of the security forces deployed before the vital installations like Civil Secretariat, state Assembly, Rajbhaban was strengthened.
Regular check-up of vehicles entering into the capital town is on and dog squads have been pressed into service to unearth any hidden bombs and patrolling by paramilitary Tripura State Rifles (TSR) in the hilly and interior places has been intensified.
He said BSF which guards the 856 km long international border with Bangladesh was also alerted for keeping vigilance so that no unwanted elements could intrude into Indian territory before the Independence Day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Must watch – What would happen if an asteroid hit the Earth today!
- Two police officers injured in US shooting, suspect nabbed
- Gurdip Singh's wife appeals for his safe return
- Delhi HC upholds trial court's order summoning Vijay Mallya
- PHOTO: When Ahmed Shehzad and Siddharth Mallya hung out in the Caribbean