Security beefed up in Tripura on eve of NLFT raising day
Agartala: Security has been beefed up in
Tripura and an alert has been sounded along the 856 km long
Indo-Bangla international border in the state in view of the
raising day of the outlawed National Liberation Front of
Tripura (NLFT) tomorrow, police said Thursday.
"Every year, the NLFT observes March 12 as its raising day
and tries to launch subversive activities, so security has
been beefed up throughout the state and Border Security Force
was alerted to keep strong vigil along the border", D.I.G,
Police Control, Nepal Das said.
He said security cover was enhanced at vital installations
like Civil Secretariat, Rajbhavan and Tripura assembly and
regular checking on the vehicles entering into the towns from
outside was being carried out.
Patrolling of security forces in the remote and insurgency
prone areas was stepped up and police deployed near the
international border were also alerted so that the insurgents
from their base camps in neighbouring Bangladesh could not
sneak into the state.
Chief Minister Manik Sarkar recently stated that despite
improvement of India`s relation with Bangladesh, the camps of
two major insurgent outfits, NLFT and banned All Tripura Tiger
Force (ATTF), continued to remain in the neighbouring country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Narendra Modi and Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum