Security forces bust a militant camp in Manipur
Imphal: Security forces have busted a camp of militants in Manipur`s hilly Tamenglong district and seized explosive materials, official sources said on Friday.
Acting on a tip-off, security forces under Red Shield Division of Army launched a massive combing operation at the bank of Leimatak river on Tuesday and busted the camp, sources said.
Security forces found eight IEDs (improvised explosive devices), 45 electronic detonators, 7 kg plastic explosive materials, 2 metres fuse, two bundles of wires, 4 radio sets, 5 antennas of mobile phones, one binocular, one electric generator set, several rounds of ammunitions of different weapons, sources said.
It was a well set-up camp of militants where new recruits could be trained, sources said adding that one rest house, dining room, sanitation, 15 hut-like sheds formed the camp.
Sources said militants might have escaped after learning the arrival of the security forces, adding that it was the first time such a camp was busted in the recent months.
Meanwhile, sources said self-styled second leutenance of the militant outfit People`s Union of Liberation Front (PULF) identified as Samar Khan (34) surrendered to Red Shield Division of Army on Tuesday along with one 9mm pistol and two rounds of ammunition.
Khan joined the PULF in 2006 January, sources said, adding that he had received arms training at a camp in Tamenglong district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof