Security forces bust a militant camp in Manipur
Imphal: Security forces have busted a camp of militants in Manipur`s hilly Tamenglong district and seized explosive materials, official sources said on Friday.
Acting on a tip-off, security forces under Red Shield Division of Army launched a massive combing operation at the bank of Leimatak river on Tuesday and busted the camp, sources said.
Security forces found eight IEDs (improvised explosive devices), 45 electronic detonators, 7 kg plastic explosive materials, 2 metres fuse, two bundles of wires, 4 radio sets, 5 antennas of mobile phones, one binocular, one electric generator set, several rounds of ammunitions of different weapons, sources said.
It was a well set-up camp of militants where new recruits could be trained, sources said adding that one rest house, dining room, sanitation, 15 hut-like sheds formed the camp.
Sources said militants might have escaped after learning the arrival of the security forces, adding that it was the first time such a camp was busted in the recent months.
Meanwhile, sources said self-styled second leutenance of the militant outfit People`s Union of Liberation Front (PULF) identified as Samar Khan (34) surrendered to Red Shield Division of Army on Tuesday along with one 9mm pistol and two rounds of ammunition.
Khan joined the PULF in 2006 January, sources said, adding that he had received arms training at a camp in Tamenglong district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- LIVE: Jallikattu protests turn violent, vehicles near Ice House Police station set on fire
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP