Security forces, militants exchange fire in Manipur
Imphal: Security forces exchanged fire with unidentified militants in Thoubal district but there was no report of any casualty, police said on Thursday.
Acting on a tip-off, personnel of 15th Assam Rifles battalion launched a massive search at Bongbal village under Yairipok Police Station yesterday during which they were fired upon by suspected Kuki militants.
The Assam Rifles personnel also returned the fire and exchange of fire lasted for more than an hour, they said, adding that there was no casualty on the side of the forces.
Casualty, if any, on the side of the militants was not immediately known.
The militants later fled to a nearby jungle.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH