Security tightened before Sonia`s visit in Aizawl
Aizawl: Security has been tightened in and around Mizoram`s capital Aizawl city in view of the proposed visit by UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi on Friday.
Superintendent of Police Aizawl district L R Dingliana Sailo said that a large number of armed policemen were deployed in Aizawl and mobile patrolling would also be undertaken from tonight.
Sailo said that parking of vehicles was prohibited in the city where Sonia Gandhi would be travelling during her stay.
She is expected to launch Food Security Scheme and inaugurate the fourth phase of New Land Use Policy (NLUP), flagship programme of the ruling Congress in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal