Security tightened before Sonia`s visit in Aizawl
Aizawl: Security has been tightened in and around Mizoram`s capital Aizawl city in view of the proposed visit by UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi on Friday.
Superintendent of Police Aizawl district L R Dingliana Sailo said that a large number of armed policemen were deployed in Aizawl and mobile patrolling would also be undertaken from tonight.
Sailo said that parking of vehicles was prohibited in the city where Sonia Gandhi would be travelling during her stay.
She is expected to launch Food Security Scheme and inaugurate the fourth phase of New Land Use Policy (NLUP), flagship programme of the ruling Congress in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane