Security tightened in Manipur in view of I-day boycott call
Imphal: Security measures have been
tightened in Manipur in view of the boycott call of
Independence Day celebrations by major insurgent outfits.
In Imphal West district people had been asked not to
gather at public places as the insurgents might strike at such
spots, Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) L Kailun said.
He asked the people not to allow parking of vehicles
in front of shops, markets or offices if the owners were not
known and urged the public to inform police if anyone was
found having parked vehicle suspiciously.
Police further asked the public to inform police if
anyone was found moving suspiciously.
The Manipur People`s Liberation Front (MPLF), which
was formed by three major insurgent organisations of United
National Liberation Front (UNLF), Kanglei Yawol Kann Lup
(KYKL) and Revolutionary People`s Front (RPF) - has called a
general strike and boycott of the independence day
The MPLF, formed several years ago, has been waging an
armed struggle for `independence` of Manipur and boycotting
Independence and Republic day celebrations for more than ten
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people