Security tightened in Manipur in view of I-day boycott call
Imphal: Security measures have been
tightened in Manipur in view of the boycott call of
Independence Day celebrations by major insurgent outfits.
In Imphal West district people had been asked not to
gather at public places as the insurgents might strike at such
spots, Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) L Kailun said.
He asked the people not to allow parking of vehicles
in front of shops, markets or offices if the owners were not
known and urged the public to inform police if anyone was
found having parked vehicle suspiciously.
Police further asked the public to inform police if
anyone was found moving suspiciously.
The Manipur People`s Liberation Front (MPLF), which
was formed by three major insurgent organisations of United
National Liberation Front (UNLF), Kanglei Yawol Kann Lup
(KYKL) and Revolutionary People`s Front (RPF) - has called a
general strike and boycott of the independence day
The MPLF, formed several years ago, has been waging an
armed struggle for `independence` of Manipur and boycotting
Independence and Republic day celebrations for more than ten
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Son of Kota Central jail prisoner clears IIT entrance exam
- Cabinet approves Act allowing malls, restaurants, theaters to stay open 24×7
- New framework that can predict terrorist attacks developed!
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution?
- Beach fresh in pastel, Priyanka Chopra exhibits simplicity in new magazine cover!
- Terrorists holed up inside building in J&K's Pulwama; 2 killed, encounter underway
- Mrinal Sen is 'absolutely fine'; family rubbishes death hoax
- Seven killed, 15 wounded in two separate road mishaps in Andhra's Prakasam
- PHOTOS: Yuvraj Singh, fiancée Hazel Keech spend quality time in London