Seven BSF men killed as car falls into gorge
Aizawl: Seven BSF personnel were killed and four other personnel injured when a vehicle they used for patrolling fell into a gorge near Mizoram-Bangladesh border Tuipuibari village on Tuesday, the police said.
The vehicle carrying 11 personnel were patrolling in the area when it rolled down into a gorge 350 feet deep killing six of them on the spot.
Another BSF man succumbed to his injuries after a few hours, the sources said. The condition of three of the injured was serious and they were referred to hospitals outside the state.
The remaining one was treated at the Civil Hospital in Aizawl, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral