Seven BSF men killed as car falls into gorge
Aizawl: Seven BSF personnel were killed and four other personnel injured when a vehicle they used for patrolling fell into a gorge near Mizoram-Bangladesh border Tuipuibari village on Tuesday, the police said.
The vehicle carrying 11 personnel were patrolling in the area when it rolled down into a gorge 350 feet deep killing six of them on the spot.
Another BSF man succumbed to his injuries after a few hours, the sources said. The condition of three of the injured was serious and they were referred to hospitals outside the state.
The remaining one was treated at the Civil Hospital in Aizawl, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore