Seven electrocuted in Meghalaya
Shillong: Seven people, including five minors, were electrocuted to death in Meghalaya`s East Jaintia Hills district on Thursday, an official said.
The incident occurred at Khliehriat, about 100 km from Shillong, the state capital, District Magistrate Abhishek Bhagotia said.
Four of the victims were from one family. "Some died while trying to save one another," Bhagotia said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 54 crore Indians in grip of drought: Swaraj Abhiyan
- Justice Rastogi backs CJI Thakur's appeal to increase number of judges
- Delhi-Faizabad Express derails near Hapur; 70 injured, emergency number issued
- VVIP chopper deal probe: CBI to grill former-IAF chief SP Tyagi, his 2 brothers today; major set-back for Sonia Gandhi?
- Colombia deports top Peruvian crime lord