Seven electrocuted in Meghalaya
Shillong: Seven people, including five minors, were electrocuted to death in Meghalaya`s East Jaintia Hills district on Thursday, an official said.
The incident occurred at Khliehriat, about 100 km from Shillong, the state capital, District Magistrate Abhishek Bhagotia said.
Four of the victims were from one family. "Some died while trying to save one another," Bhagotia said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’