Seven file nominations for Outer Manipur Lok Sabha seat
Imphal: Seven candidates have so far filed nomination papers for the April 9 Lok Sabha elections in the Outer Manipur Lok Sabha constituency.
The candidates are sitting Congress MP Thangso Baite, Gangmumei Kamei (BJP), former MP Kim Gangte (Trinamool Congress), former MP Mani Cheranamei (Independent), former minister C Doungel (NCP), Lien Gangte (JD-U) and former minister Sosho Lorho (Naga People`s Front), election office sources said.
Today is the last date of filing nomination papers for the seat.
G Tonsana of Manipur Democratic People`s Front is the only candidate so far who has filed papers for April-17 election in Inner Manipur Lok Sabha seat, for which the last date of filing nomination papers is March 26.
The last date for withdrawal of papers for the both the constituencies has been fixed on March 29.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Genelia D'Souza shared this really CUTE picture with son! Picture inside
- Cloud burst causes havoc in Uttarkashi
- Curfew continues only in 3 south Kashmir districts
- Samsung beat Apple in smartphone shipments amid positive results
- Hafiz Saeed leaves Pakistan fuming, claims protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT