Seven file nominations for Outer Manipur Lok Sabha seat
Imphal: Seven candidates have so far filed nomination papers for the April 9 Lok Sabha elections in the Outer Manipur Lok Sabha constituency.
The candidates are sitting Congress MP Thangso Baite, Gangmumei Kamei (BJP), former MP Kim Gangte (Trinamool Congress), former MP Mani Cheranamei (Independent), former minister C Doungel (NCP), Lien Gangte (JD-U) and former minister Sosho Lorho (Naga People`s Front), election office sources said.
Today is the last date of filing nomination papers for the seat.
G Tonsana of Manipur Democratic People`s Front is the only candidate so far who has filed papers for April-17 election in Inner Manipur Lok Sabha seat, for which the last date of filing nomination papers is March 26.
The last date for withdrawal of papers for the both the constituencies has been fixed on March 29.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- Oh blonde! Anusha Dandekar and boyfriend Karan Kundra go twinning—See pics
- Egypt's Sisi says Putin ready to host Mideast peace talks
- Usain Bolt pictured with Brazilian student on 30th Birthday – Photos go Viral!
- India ready to give 'all help': EAM Swaraj to Myanmar
- Iran chastises Russia for publicising use of Iranian bases