Seven file nominations for Outer Manipur Lok Sabha seat
Imphal: Seven candidates have so far filed nomination papers for the April 9 Lok Sabha elections in the Outer Manipur Lok Sabha constituency.
The candidates are sitting Congress MP Thangso Baite, Gangmumei Kamei (BJP), former MP Kim Gangte (Trinamool Congress), former MP Mani Cheranamei (Independent), former minister C Doungel (NCP), Lien Gangte (JD-U) and former minister Sosho Lorho (Naga People`s Front), election office sources said.
Today is the last date of filing nomination papers for the seat.
G Tonsana of Manipur Democratic People`s Front is the only candidate so far who has filed papers for April-17 election in Inner Manipur Lok Sabha seat, for which the last date of filing nomination papers is March 26.
The last date for withdrawal of papers for the both the constituencies has been fixed on March 29.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees