Seven file nominations for Outer Manipur Lok Sabha seat
Imphal: Seven candidates have so far filed nomination papers for the April 9 Lok Sabha elections in the Outer Manipur Lok Sabha constituency.
The candidates are sitting Congress MP Thangso Baite, Gangmumei Kamei (BJP), former MP Kim Gangte (Trinamool Congress), former MP Mani Cheranamei (Independent), former minister C Doungel (NCP), Lien Gangte (JD-U) and former minister Sosho Lorho (Naga People`s Front), election office sources said.
Today is the last date of filing nomination papers for the seat.
G Tonsana of Manipur Democratic People`s Front is the only candidate so far who has filed papers for April-17 election in Inner Manipur Lok Sabha seat, for which the last date of filing nomination papers is March 26.
The last date for withdrawal of papers for the both the constituencies has been fixed on March 29.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble