Seven file nominations for Outer Manipur Lok Sabha seat
Imphal: Seven candidates have so far filed nomination papers for the April 9 Lok Sabha elections in the Outer Manipur Lok Sabha constituency.
The candidates are sitting Congress MP Thangso Baite, Gangmumei Kamei (BJP), former MP Kim Gangte (Trinamool Congress), former MP Mani Cheranamei (Independent), former minister C Doungel (NCP), Lien Gangte (JD-U) and former minister Sosho Lorho (Naga People`s Front), election office sources said.
Today is the last date of filing nomination papers for the seat.
G Tonsana of Manipur Democratic People`s Front is the only candidate so far who has filed papers for April-17 election in Inner Manipur Lok Sabha seat, for which the last date of filing nomination papers is March 26.
The last date for withdrawal of papers for the both the constituencies has been fixed on March 29.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference