Seven file papers for Mizoram assembly by-poll
Aizawl: Seven candidates were now in the fray for by-election to the Chalfilh Assembly seat in Mizoram`s Aizawl district as the time given for filing of nominations ended on Wednesday, Returning Officer A, Biaklawma said.
Biaklawma told PTI that Zoram Nationalist Party (ZNP) nominee C. Lalchhandama and Lok Janshakti Party (LJP) nominee D.K. Thanga filed their nomination papers today to contest the by-poll to be held on February 23.
The candidates who have filed their nominations earlier were - Dr Ngurdingliana of the ruling Congress, Lalvenhima Hmar of the opposition Mizo National Front (MNF), Lalhmangaiha Sailo of the Mizoram People`s Conference (MPC), C. Ramkinlova of the BJP and the lone independent candidate R. Lalrohlua.
The nomination papers would be scrutinised tomorrow and the last date of withdrawal of nomination would be on Saturday.
The by-poll was neccessitated following the demise of Chawngtinthanga of the Congress, the legislator elected from the seat in the 2008 assembly polls, on September 16 last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj