Seven file papers for Mizoram assembly by-poll
Aizawl: Seven candidates were now in the fray for by-election to the Chalfilh Assembly seat in Mizoram`s Aizawl district as the time given for filing of nominations ended on Wednesday, Returning Officer A, Biaklawma said.
Biaklawma told PTI that Zoram Nationalist Party (ZNP) nominee C. Lalchhandama and Lok Janshakti Party (LJP) nominee D.K. Thanga filed their nomination papers today to contest the by-poll to be held on February 23.
The candidates who have filed their nominations earlier were - Dr Ngurdingliana of the ruling Congress, Lalvenhima Hmar of the opposition Mizo National Front (MNF), Lalhmangaiha Sailo of the Mizoram People`s Conference (MPC), C. Ramkinlova of the BJP and the lone independent candidate R. Lalrohlua.
The nomination papers would be scrutinised tomorrow and the last date of withdrawal of nomination would be on Saturday.
The by-poll was neccessitated following the demise of Chawngtinthanga of the Congress, the legislator elected from the seat in the 2008 assembly polls, on September 16 last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof