Seven file papers for Mizoram assembly by-poll
Aizawl: Seven candidates were now in the fray for by-election to the Chalfilh Assembly seat in Mizoram`s Aizawl district as the time given for filing of nominations ended on Wednesday, Returning Officer A, Biaklawma said.
Biaklawma told PTI that Zoram Nationalist Party (ZNP) nominee C. Lalchhandama and Lok Janshakti Party (LJP) nominee D.K. Thanga filed their nomination papers today to contest the by-poll to be held on February 23.
The candidates who have filed their nominations earlier were - Dr Ngurdingliana of the ruling Congress, Lalvenhima Hmar of the opposition Mizo National Front (MNF), Lalhmangaiha Sailo of the Mizoram People`s Conference (MPC), C. Ramkinlova of the BJP and the lone independent candidate R. Lalrohlua.
The nomination papers would be scrutinised tomorrow and the last date of withdrawal of nomination would be on Saturday.
The by-poll was neccessitated following the demise of Chawngtinthanga of the Congress, the legislator elected from the seat in the 2008 assembly polls, on September 16 last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...