Seven file papers for Mizoram assembly by-poll
Aizawl: Seven candidates were now in the fray for by-election to the Chalfilh Assembly seat in Mizoram`s Aizawl district as the time given for filing of nominations ended on Wednesday, Returning Officer A, Biaklawma said.
Biaklawma told PTI that Zoram Nationalist Party (ZNP) nominee C. Lalchhandama and Lok Janshakti Party (LJP) nominee D.K. Thanga filed their nomination papers today to contest the by-poll to be held on February 23.
The candidates who have filed their nominations earlier were - Dr Ngurdingliana of the ruling Congress, Lalvenhima Hmar of the opposition Mizo National Front (MNF), Lalhmangaiha Sailo of the Mizoram People`s Conference (MPC), C. Ramkinlova of the BJP and the lone independent candidate R. Lalrohlua.
The nomination papers would be scrutinised tomorrow and the last date of withdrawal of nomination would be on Saturday.
The by-poll was neccessitated following the demise of Chawngtinthanga of the Congress, the legislator elected from the seat in the 2008 assembly polls, on September 16 last year.
- Uttarakhand forest fires: Social media terms it ‘National Emergency’, around 3000 hectares of forest area destroyed
- US, Russia in bids to halt fighting in Syria`s Aleppo
- 54 crore Indians in grip of drought: Swaraj Abhiyan
- Justice Rastogi backs CJI Thakur's appeal to increase number of judges
- Delhi-Faizabad Express derails near Hapur; 70 injured, emergency number issued