Seven houses gutted in Itanagar
Itanagar: At least seven houses were gutted while eight other partially damaged in a major fire at Geku village in Upper Siang district of Arunachal Pradesh.
The cause of the fire which broke out yesterday could not be ascertained, official sources said here today.
There were no reports of loss of life, the sources said.
Local MLA and Parliamentary Secretary J K Panggeng rushed to the spot to make arrangements for providing immediate relief to the victims.
Deputy Commissioner L Borang along with district relief and rehabilitation officer visited the spot for making assessment for relief and rehabilitation to the fire victims, the sources said.
Meanwhile, Panggi Welfare Society today appealed the district administration and the state government to provide relief materials and other essentials to the affected people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!