Seven houses gutted in Itanagar
Itanagar: At least seven houses were gutted while eight other partially damaged in a major fire at Geku village in Upper Siang district of Arunachal Pradesh.
The cause of the fire which broke out yesterday could not be ascertained, official sources said here today.
There were no reports of loss of life, the sources said.
Local MLA and Parliamentary Secretary J K Panggeng rushed to the spot to make arrangements for providing immediate relief to the victims.
Deputy Commissioner L Borang along with district relief and rehabilitation officer visited the spot for making assessment for relief and rehabilitation to the fire victims, the sources said.
Meanwhile, Panggi Welfare Society today appealed the district administration and the state government to provide relief materials and other essentials to the affected people.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev