Seven houses gutted in Itanagar
Itanagar: At least seven houses were gutted while eight other partially damaged in a major fire at Geku village in Upper Siang district of Arunachal Pradesh.
The cause of the fire which broke out yesterday could not be ascertained, official sources said here today.
There were no reports of loss of life, the sources said.
Local MLA and Parliamentary Secretary J K Panggeng rushed to the spot to make arrangements for providing immediate relief to the victims.
Deputy Commissioner L Borang along with district relief and rehabilitation officer visited the spot for making assessment for relief and rehabilitation to the fire victims, the sources said.
Meanwhile, Panggi Welfare Society today appealed the district administration and the state government to provide relief materials and other essentials to the affected people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Inside view: Hillary Clinton e-mails reveal what US thinks of India
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah