Seven injured in Manipur blast
Imphal: At least seven people, including a six-year-old boy, were injured in a blast in front of the Manipur University here Saturday, police said.
The blast occurred minutes after Chief Minister Okram Ibobi Singh`s convoy crossed the area. The convoy was headed towards Chandel district where he will attend a programme.
"Unidentified militants triggered a blast in front of the Manipur University in Imphal around 9.30 am in the morning (Saturday) injuring seven people, including a six-year-old boy," Manipur Police spokesman L. Momon told IANS.
None of the injured are critical.
The blast took place at Langthanbal, 10 km from Imphal.
Senior officials have rushed to the spot but no arrests have been made yet.
The entire area has been cordoned-off and is being searched for the militants.
No militant outfit has so far claimed responsibility for the blast.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends