Seven militants held in Manipur
Imphal: Seven militants of various organisations have been arrested during anti-insurgency operations launched by police commandos and para-military forces in Manipur in the past twenty four hours.
Police commandos of Imphal east and Imphal West district police stations nabbed five militants during massive search operations yesterday at Keisamthong, Chasad Avenue, Thangal Bazar and Lamsang areas in the two districts, official sources said.
The militants have been identified as Oinam Shayam, Thangman Haokip, Moirangthem Boinao (all cadres of People`s Liberation Army-PLA) and Mayengbam Jiban and Sagolsem Thoithoi (Kangleipak Communist Party- KCP), they said.
In another search operation, para military forces of 27th Assam Rifles personnel arrested two PLA cadres during a combing operation at Sekmaijin area in interior Thoubal district, they said, adding that, two hand grenades, five kgs of explosive materials and other underground items were recovered from them.
Sources said the militants were allegedly involved in extortion and all of them are being interrogated. So far over 100 militants of different organisations have been arrested during various search operation in Manipur this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon