Seven militants held in Manipur
Imphal: Seven militants of various organisations have been arrested during anti-insurgency operations launched by police commandos and para-military forces in Manipur in the past twenty four hours.
Police commandos of Imphal east and Imphal West district police stations nabbed five militants during massive search operations yesterday at Keisamthong, Chasad Avenue, Thangal Bazar and Lamsang areas in the two districts, official sources said.
The militants have been identified as Oinam Shayam, Thangman Haokip, Moirangthem Boinao (all cadres of People`s Liberation Army-PLA) and Mayengbam Jiban and Sagolsem Thoithoi (Kangleipak Communist Party- KCP), they said.
In another search operation, para military forces of 27th Assam Rifles personnel arrested two PLA cadres during a combing operation at Sekmaijin area in interior Thoubal district, they said, adding that, two hand grenades, five kgs of explosive materials and other underground items were recovered from them.
Sources said the militants were allegedly involved in extortion and all of them are being interrogated. So far over 100 militants of different organisations have been arrested during various search operation in Manipur this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Inside view: Hillary Clinton e-mails reveal what US thinks of India
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah