Seven militants held in Manipur
Imphal: Seven militants of various organisations have been arrested during anti-insurgency operations launched by police commandos and para-military forces in Manipur in the past twenty four hours.
Police commandos of Imphal east and Imphal West district police stations nabbed five militants during massive search operations yesterday at Keisamthong, Chasad Avenue, Thangal Bazar and Lamsang areas in the two districts, official sources said.
The militants have been identified as Oinam Shayam, Thangman Haokip, Moirangthem Boinao (all cadres of People`s Liberation Army-PLA) and Mayengbam Jiban and Sagolsem Thoithoi (Kangleipak Communist Party- KCP), they said.
In another search operation, para military forces of 27th Assam Rifles personnel arrested two PLA cadres during a combing operation at Sekmaijin area in interior Thoubal district, they said, adding that, two hand grenades, five kgs of explosive materials and other underground items were recovered from them.
Sources said the militants were allegedly involved in extortion and all of them are being interrogated. So far over 100 militants of different organisations have been arrested during various search operation in Manipur this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi